MY frozen yogurt! MINE

Options
Okay, so I'm being selfish, I know, but I bought two half gallons (or the size that USE TO be a half gallon) of fat-free frozen yogurt. I got two different flavors for two different kinds of fruit and veggie smoothies. My husband is eating two and three servings of dinner (I make extra for lunches), and then he turns around and EATS THE FAT-FREE FROZEN YOGURT! While it does please me that he is having something healthier than full-fat ice cream for dessert, 1/2 cup (or half of what he eats in a single sitting) goes into my breakfast or lunch smoothie, and I like to make this expensive stuff last. It angers me! He has fatty liver disease (which he denies, but I saw the lab tests), and is overweight easily 100 pounds, has sleep apnea and has to use a CPAP machine (thank gosh, because I couldn't sleep for his snoring before he got it), but I can't make him stop eating crappy. My 15 year old son and I watch him pile his plate more than once, and we are worried. My nine year old is a twig, but I don't want him picking up this habit. I kind of feel like if you aren't going to make an effort during your regular meals, you don't get MY frozen yogurt. Am I being a total B? What should I do?

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Scoop out what you need into a separate tupperware with a hands off policy. Leave him just a little. As far as his eating goes, I don't think you can change someone who's not ready..as hard as it is to watch and know they are hurting themselves.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    After you cook, can you put away the extra for the next day, so there isn't so much for him to eat? Or make lots of veggies and less of everything else? And maybe don't buy the frozen yogurt. You can make a fruit smoothie without it. Maybe add some protein powder or greek yogurt, and sweeten with stevia or honey if necessary.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I feel for you-- it's hard watching people you care about acting self-destructively. Here's hoping he comes around on his own. In the meantime, like the above poster said, I would put away a separate portion for yourself, and let him have his own little amount. Just make it clear that when he's finished his, he can't move on to yours!
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Buy a small frozen freezer for just your stuff and lock it up. Grin. The only other option is to get a flavor he doesn't like. Is there anything he despises but you enjoy?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    After you cook, can you put away the extra for the next day, so there isn't so much for him to eat? Or make lots of veggies and less of everything else? And maybe don't buy the frozen yogurt. You can make a fruit smoothie without it. Maybe add some protein powder or greek yogurt, and sweeten with stevia or honey if necessary.

My mother kind of does this for my father, and he is 76. What is he going to do if she dies before him?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him straight out to not touch the yogurt. My hubby knows which foods of mine are off limits to everyone (him and the kids) and I buy other stuff for them instead.
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'd tell him straight out to not touch the yogurt. My hubby knows which foods of mine are off limits to everyone (him and the kids) and I buy other stuff for them instead.

OOHhhhhh! That would cause such a tizzy fit! And he would POUT! ;)