Good snacks with not too much sugar?

Options
I'm having an issue with sugar-- as in, I take in a ton of it. I tend to eat a lot of fruit (my favorite food in the world is apples and I have probably three a day) and I'm noticing I keep going over on my sugar... anyone have suggestions for snacks that are low in calories and sugar?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I don't typically worry too much about natural sugars, but more the refined kind. I have found that when I got close to maintenance and now in maintenance, I can't go too far over in sugar, not matter the source. Lower sugar snacks can be veggies, nuts, string cheese, lower sugar granola bars, oatmeal (not the little packages) with skim milk, sugar free fat free pudding. Hope these ideas help!
  • Summerjule
    Summerjule Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I try to go for the natural snacks as opposed to processed foods. My favorite snacks include string cheese, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/4 cup blueberries mixed in, cut up strawberries and apples, apples and peanut butter, cinnamon sea salt almonds, Way Better Multi grain tortilla chips, cut up cantaloupe, cut up watermelon, trail mix, greek yogurt with either cinnamon or cocoa powder mixed in. I also LOVE the Yonanas machine I have - so healthy and makes a yummy treat. You can buy it at Target or Bed Bath & Beyond. Good Luck! Sincerely, Jules :smile:
  • Summerjule
    Summerjule Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I also forgot to mention: cut up grapes in cottage cheese or cut up cherries in yogurt. Also a good snack is "sweet mini peppers" (red, orange, yellow) available in veggie section at Walmart. Pistachios are really healthy also. Ok ..... enough for now =)
  • art3mislecter
    art3mislecter Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! Lots of those sound really good ^_^ I'm getting a lot better about the refined sugars-- I tend to take in a lot of natural sugar, like when I make a peanut butter and apple sandwich (best easy lunch EVER).