Help it says i need 400 more calories for today

Options
I am to be eating around 1550-1620, it recently changed down to 1550 for some reason. I usually eat about 1600 calories and if i walk for a long time, then i may eat a little more.

Today for some reason i am at 1135. I do not feel hungry at all, which is actually very rare since i usually have a small meal/snack around 10pm.

I was going to just leave it like that, but it says that i had to few calories for the day.

any suggestions... I had something from every food group. and even had some sweet snacks. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

this is what i had today. Usually i have much more for breakfast and dinner and have some cereal before bed.

Breakfast
Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup
Generic Coffee - Black Coffee, 4 oz
Great Day Farms - Large Grade A Farm Fresh Eggs, 2 Whole

Lunch
Kraft - Regular Mayo, 0.5 tbsp (13g)
French's - 100% Natural Spicy Brown Mustard, 1.25 g (1 tsp)
Oscar Mayer - 6 Slices Virginia Ham, 1 slices
Oscar Mayer - Delifresh Slow Roasted Roast Beef Cured, 1 slices
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh - Honey Smoked Turkey Breast (98% Fat Free), 1 slices
Orowheat Sandwhich Thins - Honey Wheat, 1 roll
Nature Sweet Tomatoes - Cherubs, 28 g (5 oz)
Sargento - Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese Made With 2% Milki, 1 Slice (21g)
Marketside Premium Romaine - Romaine, Carrots and Red Cabbage, 34 grams
Hidden Valley - Light Ranch, 1.5 tbsp

Dinner
Hebrew National - 97% Fat Free Beef Frank *, 90 g
Mrs Baird's - Enriched Hot Dog Buns, 2 bun
Chobani - Apple Cinnamon Nonfat Greek Yogurt 170 g (6 oz), 3 oz

Snacks
Seedless Fresh Green or Red From Usda Website - Grapes Per 100g, 126 g
General Mills - Chex 100 Calorie Snack Mix - Cheddar, 1 serving(s)
Kellogg's - Rice Krispies Treats 90 Calorie Bar, 1 bar (22g) .78oz

Replies

• MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    maybe some nuts or peanut butter?
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat those calories your deficit will be larger for that day and will theoretically yield higher weight loss.

Sometimes I have as much as 1000 calories a day or more left and I don't eat them.
  • imlik
    imlik Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with first poster pretty much--have a spoonful of peanut butter and call it a night. Protein and healthy fats, good for ya.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Meh, no worries for one day. It's when it becomes a pattern that you need to look more closely at why.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    If it's just this time, it won't hurt for you to be under. The system is set to always give that warning when you are under 1200 calories; in general, it is important to consume at least 1200 cal (net). But if you usually are at 1600 and today you just aren't hungry, don't feel obligated to eat to satisfy the computer :wink:

Don't make a habit of it. But tonight, I don't see it as a huge problem.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    I don't always eat my exercise calories back either...if you are not hungry don't worry too much about it..you're really close to the daily recommended caloric intake from the Canadian government which is 1200 calories so I don't think it will hurt for you to call it a night and not eat anymore. Some days you will be hungrier and want to eat some or all of your exercise calories back and other days you may not be as hungry. Listen to your body. I think you'll be ok. Good luck with your weight loss journey :)

I personally eat try to eat the recommended 1200 but rarely eat my exercise calories back. When I am hungrier I will but I find that I don't need to that often :)
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Yep, peanut butter or nuts :drinker:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think you are good! You don't have to eat all of the calories for each day. It's okay to be under sometimes. You will in turn lose a little more weight.
  • texaricangirasol
    texaricangirasol Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I was kinda worried because i didn't even workout today.

I will go find a little something that maybe wont keep me up all night. I am really not supposed to eat peanuts, but i think i have some honey roasted ones:) lol
  • MyLovesMyLife
    MyLovesMyLife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    nuts are better than PB, PB is what ppl eat to gain weight so be careful with it.

btw, are you PRican? just asking bc of your name
  • therighttrack
    therighttrack Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat those calories your deficit will be larger for that day and will theoretically yield higher weight loss.

Sometimes I have as much as 1000 calories a day or more left and I don't eat them.

I have a hard time understanding this as well. I personally think that if you have calories left over for the day and you have at least eaten your ORIGINAL amount of calories for the day (before exercising) then how is it that you are doing bad for your body??
    I have read lots of posts on this, some say they eat them all, some say they try NOT to eat the burned calories, and some say they eat about 1/2 the burned calories back again. I agree with trying to eat 1/2 back. This way Im not hungry at 3am, but I still feel like I am getting somewhere in loosing weight through my intake.