Calories i Should look forward to burn each day????

Options
I'm a little confused here..... :huh:

As per MFP i must consume 1200 calories each day.. i get it.... Then there is this BMR thing which tells me how many calories my body burns even if i dont workout....

Now my current weight is 73 and my goal weight is 55 Kgs.....

How many calories should i look forward to burn each day so i can easily attain my goal??

I do turbo jam daily... that burns about 250-350 cals.... but is it too less?? :indifferent:

Please help...!!! :sad:

P.S. I'm also thinking of adding other cardio activities to it like Jump rope... and i often go for walks too...

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Forget the 1,200 thing. Go into your settings and set yourself to lose 1lb a week, which is a sustainable amount. MFP will probably give you more than 1,200 calories a day.

You don't need to exercise to lose weight - MFP gives you the right deficit of 500 calories a day to lose 1lb a week. However, exercise is awesome for your health and feeling great.

Do exercise you enjoy, that makes you feel great and helps you achieve your goals five or six days a week. Eat back a good proportion of the calories you burn - you'll still be at the same deficit but won't be hungry and you'll have more energy to exercise the next day.

Hope that helps!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Berry's advice is excellent.

There isn't a magic exercise number. Just get active and keep active to start with. Try a few different things, work out what you like (or perhaps you've already done this, and turbo jam is it?). What exercise you do, and how much, depends a little on your goals, and a lot on what you enjoy.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Its all REALLY confusing to me too!! I use the fitbit and it says my BMR is a crazy number but it seems like I should be eating more and losing more but heck I dunno.
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Berrys advice is really good! I have my MFP set to Half a pound a week and I eat back exercise calories - I lost 3.8 last week!
  • smithy85
    smithy85 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Berrys advice is spot on, youa dd exersize to burn more calories if you require and for health benefits.

You will do just fine x
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Thanks i did change it to 1lbs per week :):drinker: