Fat Cells

Have any of you lost weight, but then gained all the weight back? I myself am experiencing this. I lose weight, but then I go back to my "Weight Set Point". One reason for this is that everyone has a certain number of fat cells. Some people may have 5 fat cells or some people may have 10 fat cells. The more fat cells you have the easier it is for one to gain their weight back or even increase their weight. The number of fat cells we have depends on how many fats cells grew during puberty. The number of fats cells will increase if our diets are poor. However, we can shrink our fat cells through dieting and studies have shown through hard work we can actually lose the number of fat cells we were originally born to have.

If any of you are interested in how fat cells work check out the link http://www.livestrong.com/article/4208-need-fat-cell-theory/

Replies

• settoloki
    settoloki Posts: 30 Member
    Interesting, I vaguely remember hearing about this on a news type tv show a while back.

Think the moral is that hard work pays off even after you hit your target weight you may have to keep up the healthy eating, regular exercise and active lifestyle up for the rest of your life.

More indication to why diets and loose weight fast schemes are not the way forward - but altering your life to be healthier is the solution.

I have found the problem with dieting is persistence, you can't keep them up for long and the weight loss isn't permanent, it may not be as fast as choosing the healthy lifestyle, but you have to ask yourself; take longer to reach my goal and have it stick or a quick fast diet for not so lasting results.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,329 Member
    Think the moral is that hard work pays off even after you hit your target weight you may have to keep up the healthy eating, regular exercise and active lifestyle up for the rest of your life.

More indication to why diets and loose weight fast schemes are not the way forward - but altering your life to be healthier is the solution.

this.

the only people i know who lose the weight and regain it were looking at their weight loss as a combination of restrictive diet and training for the olympics. then once they lose the weight, they go back to their bad eating and stop exercising. of course the weight will come back.

make changes that you can live with for the rest of your life or set yourself up for short term success and long term failure