Fitness ideas for sahm

Options
Ok im a sahm to a 2yr old girl who is very active. I have my wii which has a few fitness games but im after new ideas for exercises i can do in the home ( i do lots of walking with buggy lol ) Im looking at getting rid of baby fat and everything from belly button to thighs.

I know people talk about heart rate but at rest mine is around 70 and if i exercise at full speed and untill i drop my heart rate doesnt reach that high, usualy about 100-110.

Replies

• astheygrowup
    astheygrowup Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    it really is hard to find time. I am a SAHM of two little boys. The best thing I can say is set the alarm an hour before she gets up and get your workout in that way. There is no way I can workout with my boys awake. They always need something, or run around me and under me and it's just crazy.

I recently started the brazil butt lift workout but before I was doing just weights and maybe pop in a workout dvd. Once school starts back here (my 5 year old started kindergarten) I will be able to pull out the jogging stroller and take my 2 year old on jogs. I have missed not being able to do that during the summer months.
  • bacamacho
    bacamacho Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I relied on home workouts with videos when I was a SAHM. Even now as a working mom with husband that deploys I still rely on home workouts often. I have 3 faves at the moment. I kickboxing one, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred, and P90X.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian michaels No More Trouble Zones. If you do lots of walking, this is a great DVD to hit all the muscles a girlwants to hit. You just need a mat and some hand weights.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, I never had a chunk of solid time to work out. However, I was able to get in several 10-15 minutes here and there to do something. If you take those minutes to do a set of this or a set of that, at the end of the day, you'll have it all in.

while strollering around doesn't burn a whole lot, take 3 minutes to run in place or something else to get your blood pumping faster every 15 minutes or so.

I highly suggest NOT working out when the kid is asleep. Instead, enjoy a hot meal that you rarely get or a bit of downtime for yourself.

Nap time for my kids -always- meant down time for me. Laundry can wait, along with the dishes and other crap. "If momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy" and I think it's important to enjoy at least 1 meal a day!
  • hetlerkj
    Options
    Workout with your kids. Before I joined the gym my kids favorite "shows" were fitness videos. They loved bouncing around and trying to mimic me. Chase them at the park. Get creative. Turn it into an activity.

eatthatmonkey.tv has some workouts you can do at your house
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    I have a jiliian michales wii game and even though its very boring i can burn 100cals in 15 mins and i really feel hot.

I cant get up any earlier as she up at 4:30am every morning lol.
  • amselby81
    amselby81 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I can't wake up before my kids do. They seem to just know when I'm awake, and they wake up not long after I get up. So my me time is usually after they go to sleep. I do some Leslie Sansone walking DVD's, some Ellen Barrett pilates DVD's, and I have the 30 Day Shred. I also have done a little couch to 5K around my neighborhood. I wish I could recommend a specific Ellen Barrett DVD, but I can't. There were a few of hers on Netflix and then Netflix removed all of their workout DVD's from streaming just within the last week or two. :( I'm going to buy one or two of her DVD's now because I really like her. I'm looking at maybe Grace and Gusto.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Get a Suspension Trainer. Trust me. You will love it and using it will get you fit.