Moobs (pics) (You know you want to click this.)

Options
13»

Replies

• 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    Pushups and continued fat loss.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/

A great program for beginners.

Good luck my man. I know how you feel.
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    Pushups and continued fat loss.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/zero-to-100-pushups-for-complete-beginners/

A great program for beginners.

Good luck my man. I know how you feel.

I am going to try that. Thanks!

Everyone has been very helpful. I appreciate the honesty. I plan to continue walking and work on pushups. I know that one thing will help me do pushups and that is continuing to eat right and work out. I am also read books on health and fitness including:
    The Primal Blueprint and Hardcore Bodybuilding: A Scientific Approach.
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    building muscle, don't worry it will all come off. you are doing a great job, DON'T QUIT!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    lots of upper body training
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Lift heavy!
  • chocl8girl
    chocl8girl Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I TOTALLY clicked on this for the moobs. :love:

You look great, I say just keep doing what you are doing!
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Three things:

1. Lose more fat to uncover your muscles -- so keep a consistent caloric deficit.
    2. Do pressing exercises to build chest muscles -- I really like push ups, decline bench press (with barbell), incline bench press (with dumbbells), and cable crossovers (with light weight)
    3. If you truly have "man boobs" there is such a thing as gynecomastia -- so if you at all think this is the case then I'd see a doctor. A diet of raw broccoli, brussells sprouts, and cauliflower may help to decrease estrogen levels from plastics, tap water, etc.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Get more interested in strength training than you have been. . . . larger weights.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    After what you've been through and showing such successful loss, you deserve to have a personal trainer to get to where you want. It is possible that you can, without losing any more weight, transform all of that into no-so-meaningless muscle mass. Surgery. . . no way.
    And more walking, not needed.
  • 78Octane
    78Octane Posts: 68
    Options
    After what you've been through and showing such successful loss, you deserve to have a personal trainer to get to where you want. It is possible that you can, without losing any more weight, transform all of that into no-so-meaningless muscle mass. Surgery. . . no way.

I am not trying to take away from the meaning of this thread, but this information above is completely false.

1) You do not need a personal trainer to get you to where you want. With the wealth of information available online, personal trainers are nothing more than cheerleaders nowadays.

2) It is scientifically impossible to transform fat into muscle. It cannot happen. You have to lose fat and build muscle. Fat cannot magicaly transform into muscle. They are made up of two totally different characteristics.

3) Walking is probably one of the best exercises you can do for overall health and fitness without chance of injury to halt progress.

Not trying to turn this into a disagreement, but I think these points should be called out.
  • E7Hartman
    Options
    Men in general do collect fat in chest and belly area. Thats why u see huge gut over little tiny waists walking around. I mean they may have a 36 belt size by a 58" round belly. The best advise I can give is to really watch your intake and track EVERYTHING. That means down to the 80 cal of dressing on your salad. With diet has to come cardio. Cardio sucks but nothing.. no pill.. no diet drink will ever work like cardio. If your legs are not in shape and u can't run then walk on the treadmill at 4mph on an incline. If you are not soaked with sweat by the time ur done u are not pushing hard enough. Also u may try a pre-workout stim. Something that up's your energy level. Nothing is worse than being at the gym and having noooo energy to complete a workout. You might as well no even be there. There are tons of pre and post supplements and u could spend tons of money on. Be smart and research. Cardio will have the fastest impact on fat period. That being said ur diet should reflect you goal. If you eat crap you will never see what you are after.
    Best of luck man.....
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options

I am not trying to take away from the meaning of this thread, but this information above is completely false.

1) You do not need a personal trainer to get you to where you want. With the wealth of information available online, personal trainers are nothing more than cheerleaders nowadays.

2) It is scientifically impossible to transform fat into muscle. It cannot happen. You have to lose fat and build muscle. Fat cannot magicaly transform into muscle. They are made up of two totally different characteristics.

3) Walking is probably one of the best exercises you can do for overall health and fitness without chance of injury to halt progress.

Not trying to turn this into a disagreement, but I think these points should be called out.

^ Agreed. Especially with walking. One of the best exercises you can do, really, for overall health.
  • Louiyen
    Louiyen Posts: 69
    Options

^^^ agreed 100%. In addition you should continue lifting weight. I've seen magic happen at the gym with dedication and motivation brother. You don't need any personal trainer advice at all as the above poster mentioned that there are plenty of information founds on the internet. Plus, all the PT i've came across teaches stuff they find on the internet. So most likely they're copying off internet bodybuilders and the only advice they can give you is " it's all in the diet " .