How do you cook your eggs?

Options

Replies

• Solosesso
    Solosesso Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I put mine in the microwave for 1 minute & sometimes put it on a breakfast sandwich.

Same here! I put 2 egg white in a tiny plate and put them in the microwave for about a minute. I often put a cheese slice on the top so it melt on it. It's delicious and healthy at the same time! =)
  • slimmermomma
    slimmermomma Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love poached eggs - one of my favourites!! I will eat eggs any way really, I usually boil a few in advance to keep me going through the busy weekday mornings.

They are fairy simple to make (as long as you don't care if it isn't restaurant perfect) - Boil water with a bit of vinegar, once a rapid boil has started stir your water with a knife or spoon to create a 'whirpool' effect and drop in your egg (no shell) and turn off the heat immediately - the hot water will cook your egg in a few minutes ( about the time it takes you to make the toast). Just watch it to keep it from over cooking.
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Occasionally I have a hard-boiled egg in the morning. Otherwise, my favorite is over-easy or over-medium on toast :)
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Poached, hard-boiled, scrambled or fried!

There is a pretty easy way to "poach" eggs in a microwave too (not actual poached eggs, but similar in texture).

Spray small bowl or ramekin with small amount of Pam/cooking spray, gently pour/add 1 egg to bowl (to prevent breaking yolk/"scrambling").
    Cover bowl with paper towel and microwave for 30-45 secs.
    NOTE - I tend to cook it in about 20 second increments, to prevent it from cooking too fast and then getting exploded egg all over th microwave. Though it is not exactly the same consistency as a real poached egg, it is close and a quick/easy way to make them on a work day.

WE make a Bistro Salad with a poached egg on top - using the eggs cooked in the microwave like this.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting everyone, can't wait to try some of your ideas!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I generally hard boil mine. I eat 4 a day so I hard boil and peel a weeks worth of eggs at a time. Peeling them is definitely a pain, but it saves me time in the mornings. I like scrambled eggs when I have more time to cook them.

you peel them all at once? i thought about doing that but wasn't sure i should...
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I whip 16 eggs and pour them into a 9x11 baking dish (sprayed with olive oil). Then I dice up 4 slices (2 servings) of either dietz and watson low sodium turkey breast or low sodium bacon and sprinkle it in the eggs. Then I sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. Bake at 250 for about 25-30 minutes (until eggs are firm and the top is browning a bit).

About 198 calories and 18 grams of protein per serving. I cut the eggs into 8 pieces in the baking dish and I have 1 serving in the morning and my husband has 2. We have enough for breakfast for a couple of days.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I prefer an omelet loaded with veggies, ham, and cheese!
    But most often, I boil them, peel them, and store them in the fridge so that I can grab one in a hurry. I am not a morning person and not very hungry in the mornings.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I whip 16 eggs and pour them into a 9x11 baking dish (sprayed with olive oil). Then I dice up 4 slices (2 servings) of either dietz and watson low sodium turkey breast or low sodium bacon and sprinkle it in the eggs. Then I sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheese on top. Bake at 250 for about 25-30 minutes (until eggs are firm and the top is browning a bit).

About 198 calories and 18 grams of protein per serving. I cut the eggs into 8 pieces in the baking dish and I have 1 serving in the morning and my husband has 2. We have enough for breakfast for a couple of days.
    This is brilliant! I'll have to try it.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I love them all ways, but soft and warm yolks are my favorite so soft boiled or poached work for me! If you want to try poaching, try the silicone egg pods. They sit in the boiling water and the egg comes out just right!
  • coliema
    Options
    All these variations sound lovely!

@GreekbyMarria- Sounds amazing, I am definitely going to be trying this!
  • Msbutton
    Options
    Fried over med with just a tad of butter ( its good in moderation) and hard bolied ..egg salad
  • coliema
    Options
    Omellete's are one of my favorites, but I still don't have cooking them down. My fiance makes them PERFECT, I am so jealous, because when I try to make one I end up messing it up and turning it into a scrambled egg.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I would poach them if it didn't keep coming out like unseasoned egg drop soup! HAHA

I usually scramble them. If I boil them, I just eat the yolks and toss the whites. Sometimes I make omelets. I don't like them fried.
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like to vary. Hard boiled, soft boiled, scrambled, fried, omelette.. It's all good :D Yummy!
  • asb46
    asb46 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Baked, in 4" diameter silicone florentine pans that are the perfect diameter for the sandwich thins and bagel thins. They keep in the refrigerator for a week, and you can jazz them up with crumbled sausage, cheese, spinage or any other add-in you can imagine! Check my blog for a link to an online source.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I like this for breakfast, lunch or dinner!

1 large egg fried (just coat my pan with olive oil cooking spray)
    1/4 cup chopped avocado
    4 turkey pepperonis, chopped
    sriracha
    salt n pepper

Delish!
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    In a pan with some ham!!

Poached eggs are awesome btw. Give that a go. I prefer mine over easy with some bread to mop up the yolkies.
  • Kimberley_allyssia
    Options
    I poach them - but in a frying pan so they get the 'fried egg' shape and fit perfectly onto a lovely brown sandwich with grilled trimmed bacon! YUMYUMYUM!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    hardboiled most of the time; scrambled occasionally, over easy when I eat out.