last time.....

Options
do i need to eat ALL of the calories i burn for the day on top of my net intake?

Replies

• kkylstad
    Options
    do i need to eat ALL of the calories i burn for the day on top of my net intake?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options

read this
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    *sigh*
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :ohwell: I think everyone needs to go and buy a reputable book or talk to a nutritionist and do some self education on health. If you know the basics of how food works in the body and what happens to the body when you exersice you would not wonder what is going on during you lifestyle change.
  • kmccleery04
    Options
    That past bulletin was a good message to re-read. I was always believing that eating less would be better in the end. Only to realize even if everything I ate was good for me. It is still not giving me the calories I need. Thank you for posting that up!!!:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: I think everyone needs to go and buy a reputable book or talk to a nutritionist and do some self education on health. If you know the basics of how food works in the body and what happens to the body when you exersice you would not wonder what is going on during you lifestyle change.

Yes, yes, yes!

Or, using the tool you used to find this website (google) find some articles by nutritionists or doctors (they're out there. . .be careful with your sources, folks). Every BODY is different. I didn't mean to imply in my "answers" posts that it was all true in every single case.

as my friend Cheryl says: "knowledge is power".:flowerforyou:
  • kkylstad
    Options
    *sigh*
    really though?
  • banks1850
    Options
    *sigh*
    really though?

Just frustrated, there are so many posts out there about this. It's frustrating.
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    *sigh*
    really though?

Just frustrated, there are so many posts out there about this. It's frustrating.

I am with Banks on this one, sweety! :noway:
  • kkylstad
    Options
    glad there is such great support for those who are confused and dont have time to read through every single post!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    kkylstad-
    this is a saying that a friend of mine used and I think of all the time.......Your body need fuel to run properly and to keep going...it needs the calories to fuel it.....here is the saying.........your body is like a car, it can't run on empty. I am not saying you are starving yourself, I am just saying that it is soooo important to take in calories. When working out, make sure you make up the extra calories needed. Need some help adding some extra calories? Eat a handful of almonds, or add peanut butter to an apple, or add peanut butter to oatmeal. Make some guacamole and add it to chicken. You can add calories to foods you are eating by adding that extra little something. Maybe add some protein powder to water in the afternoon.
    Check out this and hopefully it will help too.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
    Good luck to you.
  • banks1850
    Options
    I just can't win. Many people took a lot of time to explain all this stuff, gather facts, tried to help people, and answer questions. I understand your need to have the questions answered, but by your own topic name, you realize there is a lot of info out there, it just frustrates me that instead of reading through it, you ask the same question that has been asked on many occations.

People have posted the location and uses of the search bar, people have posted plenty of great, fact based info on this topic, people have posted GREAT websites that give the breakdown of this topic. I'm done with this.

That's where my frustrtation comes from. I'm not mad, I don't think less of you for it, I don't want you mad at me. I would request that you ask yourself, is it fair to ask us to repost the same information, if you don't have the time to read what is already there?
  • kkylstad
    Options
    kkylstad-
    this is a saying that a friend of mine used and I think of all the time.......Your body need fuel to run properly and to keep going...it needs the calories to fuel it.....here is the saying.........your body is like a car, it can't run on empty. I am not saying you are starving yourself, I am just saying that it is soooo important to take in calories. When working out, make sure you make up the extra calories needed. Need some help adding some extra calories? Eat a handful of almonds, or add peanut butter to an apple, or add peanut butter to oatmeal. Make some guacamole and add it to chicken. You can add calories to foods you are eating by adding that extra little something. Maybe add some protein powder to water in the afternoon.
    Check out this and hopefully it will help too.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing
    Good luck to you.
    Thank you!:wink:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    *sigh*

ditto. lol
  • kkylstad
    Options
    enough already....sorry i posted such a stupid question. im sure nobody else wondered that. my bad!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    enough already....sorry i posted such a stupid question. im sure nobody else wondered that. my bad!

It's not a stupid question. I think everyone is tired of hearing the same question over and over.
    As banks said, look up the post that is title THE answers to THE questions and you will find all the information you need.
  • jkylstad
    Options
    wow banks...are you the bully on this site?
  • deanea
    Options
    Ahhh, Banks U B in trouble.......:wink:, I think everybody should try out that new search topic bar under the message boards section and look up this topic or any other topic that might be a concern for them, there are many thoughts there...you could then take all of the info and decide for youself what will work for you in your individual journey or if you see someone on here that has similar goals or you find you can relate to maybe give them a buzz......:smile:
  • jkylstad
    Options
    Ahhh, Banks U B in trouble.......:wink:, I think everybody should try out that new search topic bar under the message boards section and look up this topic or any other topic that might be a concern for them, there are many thoughts there...you could then take all of the info and decide for youself what will work for you in your individual journey or if you see someone on here that has similar goals or you find you can relate to maybe give them a buzz......:smile:
    because isn't that what this site is all about.......SUPPORT?
  • deanea
    Options
    because isn't that what this site is all about.......SUPPORT?

I hear you.....It is just difficult for people to get a fix on the topic when it is repeated so many times and the exact same answers are given, the search button will help answer those questions because there are many post regarding the topic already there.....don't be upset my computer communication is lacking I mean allll ggoooood.:flowerforyou: