Do you take pics of your food?

opuntia
opuntia Posts: 860 Member
I'm curious whether taking photos of one's meals is common among people trying to lose weight. It is recommended by Tim Ferriss in The 4-Hour Body, who says it's the best way to lose weight, because it makes you more mindful of what you're eating if you're taking photos of it. I was doing it for a while, several months ago, and found it quite fun - but I stopped because my life got quite a bit busier. I'm thinking of trying it again now, though, and am just curious if anyone else does it.

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    I only do it when I post my dinners to the 'Let me see your food' thread, in the Recipes boards.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    I've seen threads on BodyBuilding.com where users keep the thread as a progress diary of sorts, and they will track their workouts and take pictures of their food. Some of it looks really good.
  • opuntia
    I only do it when I post my dinners to the 'Let me see your food' thread, in the Recipes boards.

Ooh - I didn't know about this thread. I'll have to check it out. :smile:
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    there is a food thread on here I post once in awhile when i make something new (don`t like to post the same thing over and over)
  • Shayzeepoo
    Shayzeepoo Posts: 178 Member
    I only do if it turned out amazing.. Every meal I try to present it all pretty like :-P
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Only desserts.

IMAG0197.jpg
  • MonkeyBars
    MonkeyBars Posts: 266 Member
    If I'm out and about and can't get the data into MFP (no internet connection, no history on phone app, it's gonna take too long and upset the person(s) I'm with), then I photograph my food so I can estimate the weight of what I ate and update it later!

I've also taken photos of alcohol before I drink it too! It's easy to tot up the booze the next day, no mistakes ;)
  • lindathome
    lindathome Posts: 29 Member
    I do, and post them on my twitter acct, and in Instagram, with the hashtag #smartphonefit If you haven't read this book by Jay Jacobs (it's in eBook form only), you need to.
  • opuntia
    That pig dessert is fantastic. :smile:
  • Whole Wheat homemade pizza
    IMG_20120805_180820.jpg

Homemade Monkey Bread
    IMG_20120805_113428.jpg

No, why? :P
  • opuntia
    I do, and post them on my twitter acct, and in Instagram, with the hashtag #smartphonefit If you haven't read this book by Jay Jacobs (it's in eBook form only), you need to.

Ah, that sounds quite fun - and sort of what I was doing a few months ago and am going to start doing again. I have a Tumblr account where I was posting pics of all my meals.
  • yes I do my facebook friends love my post and look for them
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    I do when my boyfriend or I have made something really cool :p
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    I did this BEFORE I started losing weight! I love food. I love to cook it, I love to eat it, I love to go to restaurants....so yeah, I take pictures of my food! My facebook mobile uploads album is full of food :-D
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Hell yes I do.

My phone is stuffed with pics of:

My son
    Me
    Food

And that's about it. It's rather comical.
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    I'm on Instagram. Of course I do, silly.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    I take pics of my food.......after it comes out.
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    I take pics of my food.......after it comes out.

You're such a freak lol
  • spikefoot
    spikefoot Posts: 419
    I find it enough work to log everyday.. so no pictures for me unless it a) looks really good or b) looks really disgusting...but that is simply for my own enjoyment.

I have a hard time seeing how this would be considered one of "the best ways to lose weight"...but if it works for some then who am I to assume otherwise. :)
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member

Ooh - I didn't know about this thread. I'll have to check it out. :smile:
    Don't do it! You won't be able to leave and all it will do is make you hungry! :smile: