I remember when...

Options

Replies

• oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I like this thread

I was last this size.... I was a teenager!

i like this tread too!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

i remember, when i was a teenager, i used to dream of being the size i am now!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I remember thinking i guess i am suppose to be a heavy adult .... it took me 10 years to get serious about weight loss and look at me now ... i have lost 34 pounds since August of this year :bigsmile:
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    I couldn't ski for more than a couple of hundred yards without having to stop to catch my breathand let my thigh muscles recover. Now I can ski the entire run without stopping once!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    I remember when<<snip>>

I'll never, ever forget those things...because I never want to feel like that again.

Wisdom there. Never again. Never ever.

I remember when I fell asleep at my desk, on the couch, at the wheel - because the fat on my 19" neck strangled me when I laid down, and I never really got to sleep at night (apnea :grumble: ).

I remember when I really thought I was that big and strong. Nope, not strong, just big.

I remember dreaming of wearing 34" waist jeans again (32"s today, and they ain't tight :bigsmile: ).

I remember seeing the fat guy in the mirror and knowing that I was wasting the only life I'll get - being unhealthy and unwell and miserable, and for what. Pizza? I made myself a walking trainwreck for the boundless joy of 6 trips to a chinese buffet? I gave up my health and my vitality and my libido for a bowl of ice cream? I remember the day I realized what a stupid thing I was doing, and decided to stop doing it.

I remember the day I googled "Free online food diary", and wound up here. :smile:
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    bump
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I remember when I was asked if I knew ''what I was having'' 3 months before I got PG with DD. :sad:

I remember when I couldn't get my goal jeans up past my thighs:sad:
    ....now I can get them off w/o unzipping them :bigsmile:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    I remember when I was single getting ready to go to the club and I was putting on my size 8/9 blue Wrangler jeans, lying on the bed, holding my breath, wriggling in them left and right, AND using a hanger to zip them on!!!!! (my 23 year old can testify to that) :sad: :sad: :sad:

NOW 2009, I can wear those same 8/9 Wranglers with NO problem, NO hanger, NO jumping up and down in them, NO holding my breath, and NO wriggling in them! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Blessings!

Eva
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Three years ago...

-I remember when I was so unhealthy (almost a pack of cigarettes a day, partying constantly and eat fast food) before tipping the scales at 206 and squeezing into a size 14 jeans. :sick:

-I remember going from looking at my reflection and just crying to avoiding mirrors all together. :cry:

-I remember when "exercise" seemed like a dirty word because I was filled with envy when I saw someone running. :mad:

-I remember being and looking like someone I hated. :ohwell:

NEVER AGAIN!

Now, I'm vegetarian and hardly eat processed foods.
    I've been smoke free for almost two years.
    I exercise 4-5 days a week.
    I'm more than 30 pounds lighter.
    I wear a size 10.
    I'm happier and healthier than I have been in years!

REMEMBER ALL THOSE CRAPPY FEELINGS AND RELISH IN THE NEW, HEALTHY ONES YOU'RE MAKING!
    We've all been given a second chance at life. Let's enjoy it! :drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    ...when I would drink at least a 6-pack of regular Pepsi, IN ONE DAY!

...I panicked when I looked down and the scale said 199. Apparently I wasn't panicked enough because I put on an additional 50 lbs after that! :frown:

...when I'd dread getting ready for a night out because nothing ever fit and I'd usually end up in tears.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I remember when...............I needed my inhaler at the top of the 3 flights to my doctor's office.:glasses:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I remember when...............I needed my inhaler at the top of the 3 flights to my doctor's office.:glasses:

I've always had asthama. So I've carried an inhaler for most of my life. However, since week 3 of Couch to 5K, I couldn't tell you where mine is. I can say from when I was in wrestling shape in HS, the better shape you're in...the less you need it.

I remember when i had resigned my self to thinking that I was just going to be the jolly fat guy the rest of my life...nuh huh. Not any more. My glory days are ahead of me.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    This is great - I can't wait for my "I remembers"
  • toots99
    Options
    This is great - I can't wait for my "I remembers"

Keep it up and you'll have yours. :happy:

I remember when the sports bra I wore at the gym today was waaaay too small on me, as was the t-shirt I wore with it, which is now almost too big! :drinker:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

...when I'd dread getting ready for a night out because nothing ever fit and I'd usually end up in tears.

sigh - same here! and that just happened less than a month ago. can't wait to be able to use my own clothes again.
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    :angry: I remember when I had heartburn at night.

:angry: I remember when mexican food and pizza would give me GRD

:angry: I remember when I split my pants bending over to pick up something.

:angry: I remember when I couldn't sleep on my stomach because it was too uncomfortable.
  • nolachick
    Options
    I remember the day I googled "Free online food diary", and wound up here. :smile:

I love this!
  • nolachick
    Options

:angry: I remember when I split my pants bending over to pick up something.

OMG I split my FAVORITE pants and that's when I decided it's time to change!

I was so embarrassed I threw them out before anyone could see that I actually split them
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    ... 3 months ago I was sitting at work in these same pants and decided I woudln't be able to wear them anymore because they were just too tight. They've nearly fallen off my hips a couple times today. :blushing:

...the OB/GYN wouldn't renew my prescription for BC because my bp was (I think) 130/82 and my resting heartrate was 88bpm. Last night my BP was 106/67 and my RHR was 66bpm. :happy:
  • dcherry88
    dcherry88 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    ...2-4 months ago all i wore was buttom up shirts with short sleeve t-shirts under to curb the sweat stains on the outer shirt. Or wore the baggy hoodies to hide my figure. I now have 2 real fitting sweaters, and while I'm not 100% I feel confident and good in those sweaters.

...I slouched and kept to myself more often. Now, I stand up straight, look people straight in the face, and talk and joke more than I ever did.

..I didn't know exactly who I was. Now I know precisely who I am what I want to continue being.
  • toots99
    Options
    ...the thought of getting up and exercising would fill me with dread.

Now, the thought of getting up and not exercising would fill me with dread. :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!