Slim in Six - success?

Options
Has anyone else made it through the program with good results? I tried doing 2 weeks of Insanity, Turbo Fire and P90X but I found them to all be too hard on my knees. Since having my son, I find my body can't tackle the same jarring motions that it used to. So I'm starting with a little less impact and decided to try Slim in Six. I have to say, that the "Start it up" class was a bit on the boring side for me, yet I still feel a dull ache in some of my muscles today.

Once I drop a few pounds, I'd then like to turn to something a bit more high impact but I'm wondering if any others out there have used this as a successful starting point?

I will be trying to stick to it over the next six weeks while doing the C25K running program 3 x / week.

Any before or after shots?

Replies

• JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have the same feel after the first day of Slim in Six, but after working up to 3 miles a few times a week on the treadmill, I am needing to develop muscle in other areas, some flexibility, and some toning. I picked these up at a yard sale and am hopeful. I'm not sure how long to do one video before moving on.

TIP: After some knee injury from bicyling too much (100 miles in a week several years ago), I found my best recovery happened after adding TriFlex Sport. I could not bend to get things out of my pan cabinet without terrible pain. Now, i can still bend, squat, and raise with no pain. I noticed results in the first week. It's OTC in the supplement section.
  • the1andonlyrm
    the1andonlyrm Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes it is a little boring but the results are great. I love slim in six...the program allows beginners to ease into the workout. I could do it in my apartment with out waking up anyone lol. I lost 22 pounds after it was done. I even did the extra videos (abs, stretching). My favorite on is the 2nd video
  • pmalcolm
    pmalcolm Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Just read your response to this, I am going to start Slim in six, and I have a couple of questions that you might be able to help me with.

Did you lose 22lbs in one series of Slim in 6 (the six weeks)
    how long did you do the 1st dvd for 2 weeks or 2 days
    when did you notice a difference in your body / shape.

I've got a lot to lose and I just want to manage my expectations a bit.

thanks for your help