Tip to avoiding weight gain on the weekends??

Options
124»

Replies

• bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in Monday mornings which motivates me to remain disciplined on the weekends which are much tougher than when I'm work and food isn't around.
  • summershort
    summershort Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    A few things that have worked for me. I like to drink so I have worked in water or soda water with lime in between "the next" or start with soda water for the first couple of rounds of drinks. Second I have worked to make at least one of my "get togethers" a walk with a cup of tea in hand instead of appetizers at a local spot and lastly I just push away the food half way through...it doesn't draw attention and I don't feel so deprived. Don't be too hard on yourself as well. Good luck and even with these changes it is still a challenge!
  • fitwithin
    fitwithin Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great advice here. Thanks for a great thread. I have the same problem. I do very well during the week and then starting Friday night through Sunday, I overeat and drink. My old Weight Watchers leader told us that if you are cheating two days a week, that adds up to 104 days a year or in my case, 156 days. Heck, that is almost half of the year which is why it is tough to lose weight if you go off program that much. This has given me some great ideas to stay on track. Good luck to everyone who finds weekends a challenge.