Chocolate Drop!

Options

Replies

• nichojanes
    nichojanes Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    What about the animal bars. There thin so aren't as packed with calories but are a reasonable size, unlike Freddo which is tiny.

I like them as they are like easter egg chocolate.
  • deesse75
    deesse75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    What about the animal bars. There thin so aren't as packed with calories but are a reasonable size, unlike Freddo which is tiny.

I like them as they are like easter egg chocolate.

Ooooh I love Animal Bars... my husband says they are my kiddie chocolate, but they are delicious and also amusing :D
  • Mizzy91
    Mizzy91 Posts: 63
    Options
    Can you get Lake Champlain chocolates where you are? I break one dark chocolate square into 4 pieces and eat that slowly. LOVE it.

Fiber One brownies are good for a normal snack and have a good deal of fiber (obviously)

Godiva sells little bottles of chocolate pearls. You could portion out a couple and suck on them like hard candy. I'd go with Lake Champlain over it though.

I sometimes keep thin mints (the candy, not the cookie) in the freezer. I have an upright in the basement so if I want one, I have to go downstairs and get it.

I make chocolate chip cookies, scoop them onto parchment with a cookie scoop, freeze and transfer to a ziploc. I keep them in the upright freezer and when I need something sweet, I get one. It's frozen so it takes longer to eat but if you're wary of raw eggs, this isn't for you (could probably use an egg substitute)

ETA: The reduced fat fudgesicles are also really good (though my girlfriend thinks they taste funny). They're 60 calories. There's a no sugar added version at 40 calories but I haven't tried it.

Hey

I've not heard of Lake Champlain in the UK. Thanks for your other suggestions x
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My two favorite go to chocolate treats are:

WW Snack Size Fudge Bars 45 cal and just the right size!!
    York Mint Patties--individual size. I keep them in my fridge and have one with a glass of ice water. Good and refreshing!!
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Yes, I am!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I usually get hershey kisses...4 is around 100 calories YUM :heart:
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    When my chocolate cravings are HIGH, I have a Fiber one Brownie with a cup of sugar free hot chocolate. Comes in at 120 calories. or I break off a piece of chocolate and just let it melt in my mouth. That way my taste buds are satisfied.
  • stevewebbonamission
    Options
    I like a few chippets or one square of dark you get from Costco.
    Don't deny yourself chocolate! Enjoy in moderation.

26001230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • krissagray
    krissagray Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I had one of the Fiber One brownies the other day and at 90 calories I was sold! It was divine in a nice little package.

I love these too. Add a little fat free redi whip, YUM!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    You mean, like exercising portion control? Buying smaller bars? There are plenty of alternatives to "eating a lot of chocolate".

Was the above supposed to be positive encouragment and offering an alternative...IT WASN'T. Don't add comment if have nothing good to say :huh:

The comment may have been sarcastic, but the advice was good, if you are going to eat chocolate regularly, eat smaller portions. A useful method of doing this is often to buy smaller bars.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    I was going to get those fibre one brownies when I was at the store, I soo should have. I wonder if you can make fiber low cal brownies.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow bars are to die for good! So are the fiber one 90 calorie brownies. I eat one of either one to curb my sweet tooth.
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I switched to dark chocolate. I buy Ghiraradelli Intense Dark Twilight Delight 72% cacao. I have one that's higher than that, and I don't know if I can eat it - it doesn't taste like chocolate.

You can buy them individually wrapped, or in bars, but one square is 67 calories and the chocolate is so intense, I tend not to want anymore after I finish the bar and my craving for sweets is gone.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am a chocoholic. They make 90 calorie bars in varying chocolate flavors. Those are ok. I like the chocolate rice crisps (can't remember who makes them.) Sugar free chocolate pudding. Sugar free hot cocoa (seems to taste creamier than regular, I really like it!). If you have self control, buy something like Dove, or Hershey's kisses that you can grab a serving of and leave the rest. Chocolate meringue cookies. I love Snackwell's white chocolate drizzled caramel corn (they come in handy 130 calorie packs...regular chocolate is 100). There are lots of 100 calorie pack options out there as well.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    skinney cow dreamy clusters 110 calories per pack
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Honestly none of the suggestions you're are going to get are going to be a good "alternative" to Cadburys, nothing even comes close in my view. If I need chocolate I work it into my calories. It's easier to do this eating 1700 than for someone on 1200 (I don't know if you are or not, just meant in general :flowerforyou: )
  • leannes28
    leannes28 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate delight ( like angel delight but tesco brand) with skimmed milk split each packet into 4 portions and leave it in the fridge for when i need a small chocolate fix, tastes yummy and not many calories!
  • Caiii
    Caiii Posts: 27
    Options
    Something I eat when I'm in need of a chocolatey fix is 1 cup of low cal almond milk + ice + fat free hot chocolate mix + 1 tbsp of cocoa powder. So so so good, and since I use 30 cal almond milk, it ends up being 65 calories total. :)
  • poshcouture
    Options
    No, seriously...as chocolate goes, I eat Green and Black organic's. I treat myself to a couple squares and move on. I dont' feel guilty nor deprived because it's so rich. Alot their bars are gluten-free, which is a plus.
  • Lizajane42
    Lizajane42 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am not huge on candy bars, but you can get that kind of taste by eating a square of chocolate with some peanuts. The squares I have are 29 calories each and then I weight out something like a quarter of a serving of unsalted roasted peanuts. Makes a nice little treat.