Food Scale

AshlySouthard
AshlySouthard Posts: 62
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I'm looking to purchase a food scale, but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for them. I used to work for Rubbermaid and we sold a ton of them, but they were all commercial products that were ridiculously priced.

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced food scales and where did you get it?

Replies

• cassandra1220
    cassandra1220 Posts: 284 Member
    I got a 40.00 scale for 16.00 at Ross. Try one of the outlet stores...if your patient then you can find a great deal.
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    i got one at walmart for $20.00 in the cooking section. its just a simple one non digital but it works.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    I actually use a digital postage scale I bought at Wal-Mart for about $20. I used to sell stuff on eBay and used it for that....didn't want to spend money on a food scale when I had the postage scale. I think it works great and it's really small.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    I too have a digital postage scale. We got it off of Ebay for next to nothing. Just make sure you test it now and then to make sure it's accurate.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    I got a scale for $25 (originally $45) from Amazon.com - free shipping if you select the "super saver shipping" - here's the link. It has tons of great reviews, and I love it - I've used it for about a week.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002CM6TVI/ref=ox_ya_oh_product

Edited to add (sorry I forgot!)

This scale holds up to 11 lbs, has a tare button and changes between lbs/oz/g/kg at the push of a single (easy to use) button.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    I ordered the Biggest loser scale off Amazon. It was $25 and easy to use. It goes from ounces to grams with a quick button push. It has Tare function - great when making meal with lots of items such as a salad. It will weigh up to 6.5 lbs. I love it :love:
  • got the biggest loser one from bb&b for 20.
  • Starfrit digital stainless steel from Walmart for $20.
    It is awesome!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    I ordered the Biggest loser scale off Amazon. It was $25 and easy to use. It goes from ounces to grams with a quick button push. It has Tare function - great when making meal with lots of items such as a salad. It will weigh up to 6.5 lbs. I love it :love:

I have the same scale and I LOVE IT! I got it for $19.99 at Bed Bath & Byeond. It's the greatest!
  • Thank you SO much. I think I'll head to Bed Bath & Beyond later on today!!

Thanks again! :o)
This discussion has been closed.