Can't get up

Options
...work in an hr. still gotta run 3 miles and walk the dog beforehand. Still so sore from yesterday...

STAFF NOTE

Lets all remember that we are here to contribute positively to the community. There is no need to insult or attack OP for his post. We will attempt to enforce civil conversation in this thread.

If you have nothing positive or helpful to contribute I suggest you move on to another thread. Nothing the OP has done has warranted as many negative and insulting responses as they have received.

Cheers,
Scott
MyFitnessPal Staff

Replies

• kattbyrd67
    kattbyrd67 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Can't you just run with the dog?

Also, the longer you sit, the longer you will hurt. Get up, get those muscles warm, and MOVE! The soreness will pass quicker....
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    complaining on the internet aint going to get you fit.
  • MSimm62385
    MSimm62385 Posts: 227
    Options
    If it's a crippling soreness, listen to your body and RECOVER.

If it's a mild annoyance, start running, boy!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    You either want it or you don't.........I think it's pretty obvious which you fit into.
  • A_Shannigans
    A_Shannigans Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    If it's a crippling soreness, listen to your body and RECOVER.

If it's a mild annoyance, start running, boy!

^^^this
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    ...work in an hr. still gotta run 3 miles and walk the dog beforehand. Still so sore from yesterday...

yes and now you're wasting time posting a thread about it when should just GTFU and get at it.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    in the future, try a protein drink + magnesium after a run or work out to reduce the effects of DOMS~
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    Do or do not, there is no try. :)
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Welcome to life. You either do or you don't.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going somewhere else.....
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Disappointed ... I was going to offer you help...nevermind
  • splashangel
    splashangel Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    WOW! You have come a long way! What a weight loss journey for sure! I saw your post about selling everything , breaking ties and traveling. Loseing weight along the way. You have loads of determination. I doubt very seriously that journey is going to end on the couch with three measly miles, a dog walk and a day at work ahead of you. Keep up the great work! IMPRESSIVE.
  • splashangel
    Options
    This guy has 16 posts. His first post, saying hi and he was new,.got 2 replies. At least they were nice. Your like sharks. Don't bother to welcome him. Just come in and shoot him down. What did he say to deserve all of that? How awful. It won't take but a few minutes to read his few posts and you will see that he has worked hard to get where he is and has been friendly and encouraged others here.
  • atsyed87
    Options
    You'll feel better once you start running :) Sometimes the hardest part is getting your butt out the door.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    This guy has 16 posts. His first post, saying hi and he was new,.got 2 replies. At least they were nice. Your like sharks. Don't bother to welcome him. Just come in and shoot him down. What did he say to deserve all of that? How awful. It won't take but a few minutes to read his few posts and you will see that he has worked hard to get where he is and has been friendly and encouraged others here.

Sorry, this is the wild, not a zoo. The weak arent separated from the strong and the herbivores arent separated from the starving carnivores. You're a member of the dominant land species. The rulers of the world. This isnt a cute little safe zone where everyone is nice and enabling.

Dominant species.
    Act like it.
  • splashangel
    Options
    Oh yea, your a big deal huh? But I just don't think, girly, if we we were face to face you would be so dominant. But, play big shot on your key board all you want.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options

Sorry, this is the wild, not a zoo. The weak arent separated from the strong and the herbivores arent separated from the starving carnivores. You're a member of the dominant land species. The rulers of the world. This isnt a cute little safe zone where everyone is nice and enabling.

Dominant species.
    Act like it.

killing-blow-demotivational-poster-1213321421.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Oh yea, your a big deal huh? But I just don't think, girly, if we we were face to face you would be so dominant. But, play big shot on your key board all you want.

No thanks man, I like finding the inspiring posts, the ones where those of us that have had to face horrible pain and injury bond together and stand up together. I like feeling my heart beat faster when I think about how much my life has changed for the better. I need that camaraderie among victors. I need to know and let others know that no matter how many times you have felt your bones broken, your body twisted, your spirit smeared across the pavement... that you can stand up and scream and make the world hear you- hear you scream that you wont lay down and die.

But if you wanna chill here and defend those that dont have the physical obstacles, just laziness or I dont wannas.... I shall let you reign over their whining world.

You can have it girly, I run with the ones that are amazed that they were given life. Sometimes twice.
  • splashangel
    Options
    Phtttt.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Options
    Phtttt.

AND WE HAVE A WINNER!!!