Getting motivated to exercise.

Options
Hi all,
Just wondered how you all get motivated to exercise? I started out pretty well but suddenly I felt like I had no support and now there's a huge decrease in my exercise activity.
Most of my free time is in the evening but then I find other things to do rather than exercise....Almost like I'm trying to avoid it...when I'm so desperate to lose weight.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• dr3wman
    dr3wman Posts: 205
    Options
    I just youtube Greg Plitt :) I enjoy getting yelled at every now and then
  • black_sabbath
    Options
    I don't know if I could stand being yelled at....I find I work so much harder and quicker with some metal playing....but I just can't find the motivation!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Motivation is not an issue when I’m doing a workout I enjoy. There is nothing more demotivating than forcing myself to workout to something I don’t like. There tons of workout videos on youtube so maybe start there if you have not done so already (Befit90 comes to mind). Try perusing the beachbody site and check the programs they have on the site. If you find one you are interested in, you can search for uploaded videos of the workouts online, either on youtube or tudou.
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tend not to do 'official' exercise, but i stand up pretty much all day, including now in front of my computer, which helps burn a few calories and makes me more toned in the core muscles, and i dance around a bit to music, which I find fun and motivating. Other than that, i do very little 'official' stuff, and would have to do it in a group, or be taken to a class or something to get me going. I guess for me, it's pretty much 'dance and fun and walk a bit', or nothing!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    You just need to decide how badly you want to reach your goals and what you're willing to do to get there.

Something else that helped me was changing my mindset about "exercise", try not to think of it as a chore but as play. I also keep in mind how lucky I am to be able to do things I love doing (running, biking, swimming, playing soccer etc), many people can't but would love to.

(Something odd - I caught myself smiling all last Saturday while participating in a duathlon, very strange race photos, I usually look like I've been stabbed)
  • rachiepoo0955
    Options
    I have a hard time finding motivation to workout as well. My biggest motivation is finding something I have to look nice to go to (weddings, vacation, holidays) and find the movitation thru that to workout.