Paleo Friend!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• PhilyPhresh
    PhilyPhresh Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    So does just eating meat count? Becuase.... I love to eat meat. I would have a meat only diet if I could.

Meat only for the win... :wink:
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    Paleo eater here- it's been about a year now since my conversion. I have a cheat maybe once or twice a month. I'm currently doing Keto as I'm trying to lose some stubborn fat :-)

That's cool. Unless I am doing whole 30 I will have probably about 2 cheat "meals" a week (beer isn't exactly a meal <- why it is in quotes). definitely about making life manageable and I love how great I feel even if I'm not doing it 100% of the time.

Let me know hoe Keto goes for ya, I haven't heard about it (the diet, I know about the "state of ketosis") until recently so it is new and interesting to me!
  • ejm234
    ejm234 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I've been trying out the paleo diet recently, but not quite as I've completely revamped like 50% of it. Basically, I'm only avoiding grains (ALL grains) but not all carbs. Also I could never live without milk, yogurt, cheese or ice cream (though I have tried Almond Dream dairy free ice cream and that's OK), so I'm keeping in dairy.

I have a lot of digestive issues and have been on a daily omeprazole dose for about 10 years due to ulcers and the doctors thought so many different things were the culprit, but in the end just stuck me on an all-round pill. I have been feeling loads better since cutting out grains though, so I'm gonna stick with it as long as possible.

Sorry if I offended any paleo's by perverting your diet, but I would eventually like to try and start cooking more paleo recipes. I am just not in the habit of cooking and preparing a week's meals ahead of time so rely on the fast&easy convenience foods that best fit a pro-dairy paleo lifestyle.

Other massive cheats of mine include coffee, alcohol & legumes..... so really not so paleo at all (yet).
  • smelons
    smelons Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I'm following the Candida diet, so avoid a lot of the same things, so feel free to add me. I'd be interested to see what others eat.
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    Hey guys, I've been trying out the paleo diet recently, but not quite as I've completely revamped like 50% of it. Basically, I'm only avoiding grains (ALL grains) but not all carbs. Also I could never live without milk, yogurt, cheese or ice cream (though I have tried Almond Dream dairy free ice cream and that's OK), so I'm keeping in dairy.

I have a lot of digestive issues and have been on a daily omeprazole dose for about 10 years due to ulcers and the doctors thought so many different things were the culprit, but in the end just stuck me on an all-round pill. I have been feeling loads better since cutting out grains though, so I'm gonna stick with it as long as possible.

Sorry if I offended any paleo's by perverting your diet, but I would eventually like to try and start cooking more paleo recipes. I am just not in the habit of cooking and preparing a week's meals ahead of time so rely on the fast&easy convenience foods that best fit a pro-dairy paleo lifestyle.

Other massive cheats of mine include coffee, alcohol & legumes..... so really not so paleo at all (yet).

LOL, hey, one step at a time right? Grains are a big one for just about everyone, so good job! I completely understand the difficulties giving up dairy. But one day when you are further along you may give it a shot (if you want). Because I think it has totally helped me not to have it... I will still "cheat" with a little ice cream once in a while, but not doing it all the time is the big key here (at least I think). Anyway, coffee is fine unless by coffee you mean frapachino or something like that... lol. But you can totally have coffee with heavy whipping cream...

... wait, alcohol isn't Paleo? :noway: ..... damnit....:grumble:
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    ejm234:
    "I have a lot of digestive issues"

You should read "It starts with food". Since you are 1/2 way there to being pure paleo, you might enjoy that read. It just might help you with your digestive issues. I would much rather treat an illness with food than with a prescription.
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    ejm234:
    "I have a lot of digestive issues"

You should read "It starts with food". Since you are 1/2 way there to being pure paleo, you might enjoy that read. It just might help you with your digestive issues. I would much rather treat an illness with food than with a prescription.

Best.Book.Ever... :drinker:
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    Just wanted to share with those of you who have posted in this thread, I posted one of my very favorite Paleo recipes for Potato Salad. Here is a link if you would like to check it out!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/700672-paleo-potato-salad
  • midlife79
    Options
    I need info on paleo, I did not know it was no gluten, i think i may have a problem eating gluten, have any info????
  • PhilyPhresh
    Options
    I need info on paleo, I did not know it was no gluten, i think i may have a problem eating gluten, have any info????

I have a lot of info, are you needing to know just generally what it is? Do you know the basics of it? What would you like to know?

In the mean time, you can check this out if you know nothing about it (not trying to be impersonal, but I figure if you can get it "straight from the horses mouth" you may as well, right?)
    http://whole9life.com/2010/05/the-paleo-pitch/