Upping caloric intake didn't help!

Options
Hi!
I was doing the 1200 calorie diet and was losing weight but it got to a point where it didn't help anymore. I went from 157 to 150 without exercise. It has been almost 2 weeks of exercise and that didn't help either so last week I was told to up my calories to my BMR. MFP settings are so I lose a pound a week with 1330 calories a day. The scale is showing even a pound more..

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I was doing the 1200 calorie diet and was losing weight but it got to a point where it didn't help anymore. I went from 157 to 150 without exercise. It has been almost 2 weeks of exercise and that didn't help either so last week I was told to up my calories to my BMR. MFP settings are so I lose a pound a week with 1330 calories a day. The scale is showing even a pound more..

You are exercising. Water retention will happen.

Are you getting a balanced diet with plenty of protein?
  • lose2win2016
    Options
    I am eating lots of chicken with salad, some fruits, cereal, nuts. Don't know what I should really eat..
  • kardsharp
    kardsharp Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    It will take awhile for your body to adjust. Give it some time.
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    you need to give anything at least a month before deciding it doesn't work. 1 week is no time at all.
  • lose2win2016
    Options
    Okay, that's probably it. I'll keep up with it. Thanks!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Your body is simply adjusting to the increased calories. You didn't really gain a pound. You need to give it more time.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    It will take awhile for your body to adjust. Give it some time.

this....keep going. BE consistent.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Give it some more time! Patience and persistance will get you to your goals! Stay away from the scale for a while and take measurements instead! Good luck to you!
  • bamadwl
    bamadwl Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    you need to give anything at least a month before deciding it doesn't work. 1 week is no time at all.

^^ This.... you need at least a month before checking weight due to the extra fluid retention in your muscles. You'll see differences in toning & shape before you see it on the scale. Keep up the hard work and don't get discouraged. It'll all pay off in the end!
  • 202685tracy
    202685tracy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Set your sights on the long term goal, not short. You want it to be a lifestyle change and long term loss! Consistency is key. Check out the EM2WL forum.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Double check that the calories you are entering and the calories burned through exercise are accurate. A lot of people think they are netting fewer calories than they actually are.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    When I started, I lost weight every week. Now I sometimes go for 3-4 weeks without losing anything and then lose 1-2 pounds all at once. Whatever.

What I've learned is that weight loss is long term, and you can't tell whether something is working based on what happens over a 1-2 week period.
  • lose2win2016
    Options
    Thanks, everybody!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    Put your time in to find out what will work best. And good for you ..weighing yourself along the way to figure it out.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When I change my workout, it not uncommon for me to add 3-4 lbs. it is not fat it is water. just keep with the plan.
  • lose2win2016
    Options
    Thank you! I love hearing from people who have seen results, and all of you have!