What to do?

Options
Ok, so I know other people can relate to this. I planned out my meals for the day to meet my goals. Unfortunately, I forgot to factor in my exercise calories and I got really busy and missed some of my snacks. Needless to say, it's now almost 10:00 and I'm only at about 1000 calories. What do I do? Do I grab a cookie or something? Do I just go to bed? This happens to me on a fairly regular basis...

Replies

• Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    nuts are a great quick snack - high in protein and good fat and calorie-dense. I just picked up some almonds for this exact scenario!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Also cheese (full fat) and milk and any kind of juice will boost your calories. Apples(large) and bananas and raisins are high calorie fruits and are portable.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If it only happened once in a while, I would just go to bed, but if it's happening a lot, you should probably eat the rest of your calories. Cheese and crackers is a good late-night snack.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    It's okay if you eat them the next day, too. But nuts are really important, and because they're so hard to sneak in with their high calorie count, it's a great opportunity.

If it were me, I'd save them until the next day and treat myself.