Nothing is working!!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great advice is why I love this site!! Appreciate it :-)

Going to try eating less of my exercise cals and maybe after payday invest in a better HRM that isnt going to break after a month!!
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Great advice is why I love this site!! Appreciate it :-)

Going to try eating less of my exercise cals and maybe after payday invest in a better HRM that isnt going to break after a month!!

Don't forget weights.... That is just as important as your food and cardio. You need all 3 to be effective or you will tank again!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    try zigzagging your calores - only thing that worked for me to shake the last 5 pounds.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    You seem to be consistently over on your carb allowance. You may want to reduce that.
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I would only eat half my exercise calories back, for one reason they the amount you are burning might not be accurate. Try eating your calorie level and only half your exercise calories back
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Its the sugar, thats what helped me. They add sugar to so many things you wouldnt think of.
    Watch your sugar eat veggies and meat upi will be dropping lbs like crazy! keep your head up girlie:smile:
  • drea85an
    drea85an Posts: 130
    Options
    I would cut carbs for two weeks. Should break the plateau.
  • MadeInDR022
    Options
    At 5'2" you probably aren't burning as many calories as you think you are. I never go with what MFP says it thinks I burn - I usually cut their estimate in half.

I do the same thing. I dont' have an HRM so I always cut my cals in half to be on the safe side and only eat back that amount.
  • Vansy
    Vansy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    You may be around your calorie-goal, but what kind of calories are you taking in? Pasta, sweets, etc. are not going to help you lose weight even if you are under your calorie goal. Eat more vegetables, fruits, and lean meats.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    As someone else mentioned, heavy weights! I'm a shorty too, I was stuck until I changed my loss per week to 0.5lbs and added weights. I'm eating more but losing again! :-) And my body is looking better from weight training! :-)
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    As someone else mentioned, heavy weights! I'm a shorty too, I was stuck until I changed my loss per week to 0.5lbs and added weights. I'm eating more but losing again! :-) And my body is looking better from weight training! :-)

Yes and it doesn't matter what you eat focus on the deficit. That is your focus. You need to get that fixed before you can even begin to look elsewhere. When a tire needs to be fixed you fix the tire not give your truck a 10 inch lift kit! It won't fix your tire! Anyone who takes a look at your workout history and calorie intake and says its the sugar or carbs either is deluded or just doesn’t know any better. You can eat Twinkies and loose weight as long as you are on a deficit and working out. Not that I would recommend that but its to prove a point and focus your eyes back on what matters your deficit, your weights, and your cardio.
  • jomckillop
    jomckillop Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am actually staggering my calories.
    The body gets too used to having the same calories every day.
    1200 per day is ridiculously low.
    I am 5ft 9, my weeklet calories are 9100 (this is an average of 1300 per day)
    I am eating like this:
    Monday 1300
    Tuesday 1100
    Wednesday 1300
    Thursday 1300
    Friday 1100
    Saturday 1600
    Sunday 1400

This way your metabolism wont slow down because it thinks its starving.
    Also I would NOT advice eating back calories burned during exercise.
    Hope this helps you xx
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Its important to listen to our bodies, and especially focus on your previous success! You have lost 22lbs!! That is your success. For sustained weight loss, and a fitter you, focus on that, not whether is .5 lbs a week or 1. You are near the end of your weight loss journey, but not at the end of your fitness journey.
    Also- just a thought, how long did it take you to gain that weight? For me it took 3-4 years to gain the weight I did, so I have to be realistic, as long as I am going down- not up, I am happy. But the journey to learn what my body can tolerate (which is basically zero for anything white- sugar, flour, carbs) if I avoid them, all cravings are gone- when I eat real whole good foods, and I plan ahead, I eat right.
    Also based on your diary seeing a lot of processed foods, or dining out- that may very well be affecting your results
  • Sojaided34
    Sojaided34 Posts: 113
    Options
    Sorry :smile: I thought that the .5 lb would make you eat less. I guess I read it wrong. My BMR on MFP says I burn 2000. I know I don't. My calories are set at 1200. I eat about 1200 - 1400. And my exercise burn varies obviously. I have lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks.