Good bye and good luck to you all

Options
I don't think this sight is for me any more , I can't exercise as my knee injury condition has now deteriated Further due to a newly diagnosed Right hip bursitis and Saphenous nerve injury to my left knee so I am back to doing nothing for god knows how long. I'm just becoming a bore and have nothing to offer to you all. I am not in a good place no one likes a whinger. I truly wish you all the very best and have every faith in you all that you will achieve your goals. I am finding hard to read what everyone is able to do whilst I can do nothing. I had so much hope this morning of getting my life back on track but this news has left me gutted. See what I mean about whinging :( God bless you all xxx

Replies

• Klimek13
    Klimek13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can't quit....just hang in there and keep trying. Its tough on everyone is some way shape or form. Please keep trying.
  • tammysharp
    tammysharp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Oh--don't give up! There's still plenty you can do, even with a bum hip and knee. Physical fitness is 75 percent nutrition!!!! Why don't you focus on that for as long as it takes to get your injuries under control?
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Why not use the site to track calories? One can eat well regardless of one's physical level.
  • vacherin
    vacherin Posts: 192
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your knee injury. It sounds like you could do with some support. You can still eat healthily and log even if you are not able to exercise - is leaving MFP really the only option?
  • 118R3volution
    Options
    Quit fussing about what anyone else thinks and don't give up. Just my 2 cents...

Just because you say you "CANT" exercise means you should be tracking your calories more carefully than EVER since you will be less active. Stay positive and persevere through life's challenges.

The lowest impact exercise you can do for your body would be swimming, I suggest getting a membership to a gym or pool where you can go swimming for 40-60 minutes a few days a week.
  • filangieri
    filangieri Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Look at all you've accomplished! Even with the physical setbacks, you can maintain that progress and draw on others for support!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Why are you quitting?
    Have you looked into getting something like a hand cycle for exercise?
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    i think you should still log ur foods and keep track of your nutrition so u don't go overboard... if being on the forums is upsetting you, you don't have to go on them, but u should still take advantage of the other tools so u can stay on track. and talk to ur doctor about what things you CAN do
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I think you need the site more than ever! If you can't exercise you need to watch you eat even more closely. Also, have you tried yoga? It helps with the arthritis in my shoulder. It was also the only thing I could do after a knee injury.
  • littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    This site, or any site for that matter, is what you make of it. Use it for the wealth of information, positivity, and tracking your calories/ macros. Use it to find out what exercises you CAN do. Good luck in striving to be as healthy as YOU possibly can be :flowerforyou:
  • MySunshine76
    Options
    Don't give up. The people on this site can still offer support and share nutritional information. Hang in there. We are all supposed to do the best we can with what God gave us, because he never gives us more than we can handle. Even though sometimes it feels that way.
    So, just stay here a while longer, see how things go, and we all will be by your side if you need us for anything.
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    The lowest impact exercise you can do for your body would be swimming, I suggest getting a membership to a gym or pool where you can go swimming for 40-60 minutes a few days a week.

I agree! Look into swimming, you may be able to get exercise despite your injuries. And getting the weight off will help you deal with injury. My dad has bad knees and a bad back and I really wish he would buckle down, watch his diet, and go swimming. I just know he would feel so much better if he got some of his extra weight off.

And I also agree that losing weight is mostly done through diet. You can do it!
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    At the very least the site is good for support :) You should stick with it! We can hep.

God Bless :flowerforyou:
  • oboeing
    oboeing Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    don't let this injury douse your will and your strength. it is a setback. and that is it. you will find a work around, and in the meantime, use all of us for your strength and support until you can find the work around that best suits you. don't go!!!!!
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Why not use the site to track calories? One can eat well regardless of one's physical level.

Agreed!! I was using MFP to track on my phone for months before I realized there was a whole online community. Do it for you, not for anyone else. Take care of yourself!!
  • mommie55
    mommie55 Posts: 23
    Options
    Don't give up....their is always upper body low impact aerobics that you can do while sitting on a chair.....Just cause you have an injury does not mean you need to give up on yourself......I have a 9 herniated discs in my back...walk with a cane and have a 10# lifting limit......come on ...you can do this....we will do it together!!!
  • icandoit203
    icandoit203 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    As everyone says on here don't give up there are lots of other options try those don't leave here you need the support. You don't need to do this alone. Hang in there.
  • janicemitchellcross
    janicemitchellcross Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Please don't give up you can do it . I recovered from a serious knee injury. It took ages and there were times I felt like giving up but you must keep going it is worth it in the end. We are here for the good times and the bad. I feeel you need the support that you can get here. We can all pull together and together we will be stronger. Take care. Talk soon
  • SABollman
    SABollman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I am new, but it sounds like you might need the support of this group now more than ever!! I will say a prayer for you!
  • arellolson
    arellolson Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry for your injuries. I suggest you try doing easy stretches. I have a DVD called Stretching with Jacques Gauthier and Dorothee Lavoie. Jacque tells how he was ill and had such severe pain from a condition that it took him 20 minutes to get out of bed! But he started doing stretches (at first he could barely do any of them) and now he is pain free and he and his wife, Dorothee, walked across Canada. The stretches are not very hard and I always feel good after doing them. You see, not everyone can do the hard exercises. At least not at first and since you need to take it easy, this would be a good way to do something and keep at it. You have a lot of support here! I believe that you can find this DVD on Amazon. Good luck! You can do this!