excercising to eat junk?

Options
Does anyone else think oh I should work out extra today so I can have that cookie or donut? Why don't I want to excercise so that I can have a bigger piece of chicken or some tuna??

Is it just one of those things you go through on this journey or just me? LOL

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    yup
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    That happen to me yesterday! I intentionally indulged in a high calories breakfast (900) knowing I would have to work it off in the gym later that evening. As long as you work out the excessive calories, you consumed I think you should be fine. Just make sure it's not everyday or else you'll be just maintaining your weight.
  • Jalyst79
    Jalyst79 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yes, then sometimes my workouts are so intense, I think I never want to eat junk again! lol It doesn't stop me, but it limits me.
  • carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    While I look at the donuts and cookies and all that other semi-bad stuff that people bring in to work, I'm not indulging / grazing along with the others. I do treat myself to frozen yogurt ice cream and factor it in to my daily calorie intake (exercise or not).
  • samasche1
    samasche1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i workout for wine.
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It's a daily battle for me!
  • mrsRhughes
    mrsRhughes Posts: 122
    Options
    ^^^^^ I workout for wine, too! Red wine though (cause duh, it's HEALTHY!!) Seriously though, I LOVE to eat. So essentially, I work out so that I can eat more calories in the day ... but I am one of those strange people who has found a love for 'healthy' foods and my diary is PACKED with veggies, fruit, good grains, oils, avocados, etc. I eat 2,000+ cals a day, but workout like a crazy person 1) so that I can eat that much and 2) because exercise is my anti-depressant and I'm a miserable girl without it! But seriously, I have at LEAST a glass of wine a night ... can't live without it, and don't want to ;)
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I workout for larger portions.. I'm never happy with the portion sizes I "should" be eating! Even if it's just a bigger peice of chicken, or an extra piece of fruit.. that's why I work out!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    While I look at the donuts and cookies and all that other semi-bad stuff that people bring in to work, I'm not indulging / grazing along with the others. I do treat myself to frozen yogurt ice cream and factor it in to my daily calorie intake (exercise or not).

This sounds like me. Frozen yogurt is my go to sweet while I tend to stay from donuts and cookies. Donuts are so high priced!!!
  • bigtone34
    bigtone34 Posts: 136
    Options
    I run to drink!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I generally save my treats for my treat days (where I don't count cals). The rest of the time I eat as much healthy food as I can and enjoy some extra fruit if I'm craving something sweet, or some good cheese, stone ground wheat crackers, and salami if I want something salty.
  • Goal_Line
    Goal_Line Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    for a cocktail
  • superjae5
    superjae5 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    When I was more into this hardcore, I'd be sure to eat super healthy all during the day and include a little treat if I'd exercised. After all, why not. As long as you're eating tons of veg and other good foods and planning for that treat you're still going to lose weight. Life is for enjoying after all. :)
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I do this virtually every day. I make sure I eat the stuff I should do (at least 5 a day fruit & veg and plenty of protein), but any spare calories tend to go on treats. In fact, when I started on MFP, realising that I could eat back my exercise calories and therefore fit in treats, made me work out harder and for longer.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    lol i think itd be bad if this was a daily thought but you bet your *kitten* i bust my *kitten* on days i get my in n out fix. lol
  • MeganMac17
    MeganMac17 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    i workout for wine.

Hahahaha, me too!
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I never have a cheat day. I count it all. Sometimes I eat junk on a rest day. If I have the calories for it I'll eat.
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    I kick my butt for chcolate and I have no regrets...
  • LesIsMoreXX
    Options
    I kind of wish I had that mentality but unfortunately my thinking is "Oh, I haven't exercised today so what's the point of eating healthy? I'll just write this whole day off" but fortunately when I do exercise I think "No junk food. Don't want to spoil my efforts".
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    I run to eat candy.

I thought I was the only one!