Can I Continue To Lose Weight

Options
I joined this site a few months ago, I had NEVER paid any attention to how many calories I was taking in in a single day, but after using MFP for a couple weeks I realized just how many calories I was taking in and it shocked me! Since starting with MFP I have completely cut out my soda intake and am now drinking nothing but water and crystal light. I have ditched my easy daily afternoon snack of a candy bar or cookie from the cafeteria at work. I try to stay away from fast food as much as possible (can't always be done on days that you are constantly on the go) I havent really changed the way that I cook though. I still make pretty much the same meals that I always have (I have a picky eater at home who only likes certain things) but I try to add a vegatable with every meal where as before we wouldnt always have a vegatable. Our meals used to mainly be a meat, possibly fried, a potato, usually mashed, and a type of pasta. Now I will still make that same thing, except I will cook my meat on a george forman so its a litttle better for me, and I will add some type of vegie to it like green beans, carrots, or broccoli. I now measure out portion sizes and eat less to make sure that I keep within my calorie limit for the day and I dont let my self go over limit. My question is, is this enough to continue to lose weight or do you think that I will need to make more changes in the future to continue to lose the weight?

Replies

• DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    If you are eating as many calories as MFP is allowing you, you should be fine.

Great changes already.
  • atsyed87
    Options
    Sounds like you're making alot of positive differences. Focus on CONSISTENCY for now. If in a few months, you need to push yourself more, it'll be easier then. Worry about it when the time comes. :)
  • MurphysLawTD
    MurphysLawTD Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Consistency and portion control are key -- do you workout?
  • daniellerb8
    daniellerb8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Consistency and portion control are key -- do you workout?

I have a gym membership and I like to say that I work out, in all actuality I only make it to the gym about once a week. I work as a nursing assistant at a hospital though so I am contantly up on my feet moving, I know that I should make myself get to the gym more I just cant motivate myself to do it.
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    as long as you do exercises and eat only the calories calculated for you...water and exercise are the best for weight loss.:drinker: