Need help during "That Time" of hormonal rampages...

Options
Ok…first I would like to apologize up front to the guys who come onto this post.

Now…what on God's green earth can be done to help combat the bat *kitten* crazy hormonal swings once a month that makes me want to EAT EVERYTHING IN SIGHT?!?! I have been struggling at night, making some not so smart decisions then beating myself up for it later and with the hormone rampage, it almost brings me to tears and I think I am losing my marbles!

I want meat and cheese and chocolate and butter and rich heavy foods that 20 minutes later make me feel like cr@p...fruits, veggies and healthy food be damned! Do any of you successful people out there have some advice other than "suck it up" or "just walk away"…neither of those seems to have much impact right now.

Replies

• Colleen_G
    Options
    Oh and just because you are a dude...don't shy away. If you have a female in your life who goes through something similar and can provide some feedback, feel free!

And I understand some of ya'll go through some cycles similar.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BOX!!!!!!!
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Get rid of all the bad food from the house, bingeing on meat isn't quite as bad as chocolate ;) channel all the rage into your workouts! Make healthy snacks, protein bars and cookies to eat if you're really desperate.
  • stpetegirl
    stpetegirl Posts: 241
    Options
    Have you tried eating low calorie all day and saving some of your calories for night time so you can allow yourself a little treat but stay within your calorie goals? I bought the jello sugar free mousse temptations, they are only 60 calories, but taste really good and I eat one of those now when I want to go on a chocolate binge! Something else I used to do, chocolate graham crackers and fat free cool whip, put a few tbsp of cool whip between 2 of the grahams and freeze for a treat, lower in calories and fat. Walking away is not always an option when you are dealing with hormones I don't care what anyone says! I just try to plan for it! I even allow myself one of the mint klondike bars for 250 calories....I just plan for it so I have enough calories left at the end of the day for it!!
  • Colleen_G
    Options
    BOX!!!!!!!

Boxing would be fun!
  • Colleen_G
    Options
    Have you tried eating low calorie all day and saving some of your calories for night time so you can allow yourself a little treat but stay within your calorie goals? I bought the jello sugar free mousse temptations, they are only 60 calories, but taste really good and I eat one of those now when I want to go on a chocolate binge! Something else I used to do, chocolate graham crackers and fat free cool whip, put a few tbsp of cool whip between 2 of the grahams and freeze for a treat, lower in calories and fat. Walking away is not always an option when you are dealing with hormones I don't care what anyone says! I just try to plan for it! I even allow myself one of the mint klondike bars for 250 calories....I just plan for it so I have enough calories left at the end of the day for it!!

I am actually trying to eat as clean as possible, so the SF jello things, FF cool whip and the grahams aren't really an option. :sad:

But maybe your suggestions will help me to rethink/see what is in the fridge/pantry to come up with something! :bigsmile:
  • Colleen_G
    Options
    Get rid of all the bad food from the house, bingeing on meat isn't quite as bad as chocolate ;) channel all the rage into your workouts! Make healthy snacks, protein bars and cookies to eat if you're really desperate.

I did this awhile ago...but right now, I seem to actually be stopping at the store and trying to bring it into the house! I went through the kitchen and threw a bunch of stuff out last night!