Sugar... too high for my daily count

Options
So... My sugar is always over my daily allotment. Is the gram number unrealistic? I am always over by 20 grams.

Replies

• Nikki143
    Nikki143 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I'm almost always over too, whats up with that??
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I personaly think that sugar limit is for processed sugars. As soon as you eat a piece of fruit or a starchy veggie, your number is over. I personally make sure I limit my intake of processed sugars but I eat a good deal of fruit & veggies like carrots so I actually just changed my display so it doesn't even show sugar anymore. :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    You know? That is a good idea. I am going to change my display also. I avoid all processed sugars and it is frustrating to see that apples, romain lettuce, and skim milk or plain yogurt are the things that set me over! I always feel so good about eating the fruits and vegies but it is sort of a downer to see those plus numbers.:noway: :grumble:

Likewise, I am always over on proteins. I eat beans, eggs, yogurt, etc.

Eat healthy and if the numbers are ascew because of that, ignore it.:heart:

Now, like people have said, if it is over because of nibbling here and there on sweets that is another story.:wink:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Hmmm any one (Boss? anyone???) lol have any factual educated answers on this? Because It's always fruit that puts me over my sugars (apples, pears --- once in a blue moon banana's) and everything i hear is conflicting...

some say sugar is sugar and going over even with fruit is going over. said and done (i am usually over 10-20) and then others say it's processed sugars and the natural fruit sugar is fine (again moderately I am not eating a bag of apples a day lol just one or 2) and not to really worry about those numbers.

I like to have a piece of fruit with my breaky or as my morning snack, and then again later in the day as an afternoon snack or with a lil PB instead of reaching for the chips.... Help :sad:

So can someone please straighten me out once and for all???? :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:
  • calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Well it seems like I am not alone. I rarely eat white sugar. It is all coming for fruits, veg, milk and agave. So now I feel better that I am not alone in this. HOORAY!!!!
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this too - as long as the sugar comes from fruit and veggies I don't worry. This is a lifestyle change and fruit and veggies are part of a healthy diet. I'm still tracking sugar though to catch those foods with hidden sugar in them.

:drinker:
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    I see the food journal as more of a guide than a set in stone type thing I always go over on carbs and protein, but I do not eat processed sugar so it only comes from fruits and veggies, I probally eat more fruit than I should well about four servings a day along with 5 servings of whole wheat and 3 servings of veggies, The way I look at it is if it comes from nature then don't worry if its man made then I stay away from it. I went from eating nothing but fast food breakfast lunch and dinner and sometimes even late at night, drinking about 5 to 10 sodas a day.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hmmm any one (Boss? anyone???) lol have any factual educated answers on this? Because It's always fruit that puts me over my sugars (apples, pears --- once in a blue moon banana's) and everything i hear is conflicting...

some say sugar is sugar and going over even with fruit is going over. said and done (i am usually over 10-20) and then others say it's processed sugars and the natural fruit sugar is fine (again moderately I am not eating a bag of apples a day lol just one or 2) and not to really worry about those numbers.

I like to have a piece of fruit with my breaky or as my morning snack, and then again later in the day as an afternoon snack or with a lil PB instead of reaching for the chips.... Help :sad:

So can someone please straighten me out once and for all???? :ohwell:

:flowerforyou:

Unfortuantely, there's really no such thing as "factual" information about this topic. You have to remember almost everything said about nutrition is *opinion* because NO ONE knows exactly how nutrition works. No one. Period. There's good guesses with some scientific supporting evidence behind them (but most of those guesses also have scientific evidence against them) and bad guesses and better guesses, but they're still all guesses. And most likely the answser is a little different for everyone because we don't all have the exact same body chemistry.

If you can be and feel healthy and lose weight eating fruit, then eat fruit. If you can't then don't. I think it really is that simple.