angryguy77 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Win 1000 medals, who cares. Your food still sucks
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Not to mention the weather and the taxes :(

Why all the hostility towards the U.S. though?

cantwealljustgetalong.jpg
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

*thumbs up*
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

haha

I used to live in Britain. I now understand why they eat so much candy. I think its to take the nasty taste of their food out of their mouth
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    we're ahead by 20 medals... including 10 gold....
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

whoa... I actually love british food.

parsnips with honey and thyme roasted in the oven
    rabbit stew
    beautiful steak
    roasted asparagus
    fish...........................omg
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Dear Dear Dr. 90. Are you proud to be a Brit? Pride in one's own country is a good thing I think. Americans are not allowed to have pride?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    You may want to remember that the Yanks helped you win WW2......I know you're young, but England asked the US for help at the same time we were fighting the Japs in the Pacific.......The Germans literally had 80 % of Europe occupied and were invading Africa as well............

You may be speaking German today if it were for the US.............just something to thik about........
    At least if Germany had won we wouldn't have to listen to egotistical American boasting.

so we're rooting for hitler now??
    Did you forget the First World War, 1914-1918?

24573654.jpg
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    i-used-to-own.jpg
  • trudance4
    Options
  • kimmraderie
    Options
    You may want to remember that the Yanks helped you win WW2......I know you're young, but England asked the US for help at the same time we were fighting the Japs in the Pacific.......The Germans literally had 80 % of Europe occupied and were invading Africa as well............

You may be speaking German today if it were for the US.............just something to thik about........

^^^Now THAT is funny.
    More GB athletes, less GB medals.
    The most you've won in ALL of your Olympics together.
    Simple math.
    SIT BACK.
    CHEERS!!!
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

*thumbs up*

So wrong and out of date you wouldn't believe it. British food has come a very long way, and beats our (as in North American) cooking hands down.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

*thumbs up*

So wrong and out of date you wouldn't believe it. British food has come a very long way, and beats our (as in North American) cooking hands down.

I was just there in 2010. It sucked where I was. But then again, I'm used to flavor. I think I'm the only person to go on a vacation and lose 8lbs. But the beers and ciders are fantastic!!
  • _Wits_
    _Wits_ Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add to this thread but damn these responses are funny.. Carry on.
  • BillyC96
    BillyC96 Posts: 7,560 Member
    Options

whoa... I actually love british food.

parsnips with honey and thyme roasted in the oven
    rabbit stew
    beautiful steak
    roasted asparagus
    fish...........................omg

This!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    i-used-to-own.jpg

Now that one... is priceless!!
  • ximacloudx
    ximacloudx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wow, let's take the Olympics, the one event in the world that's supposed to promote unity and the achievement of individuals in the name of patriotism, and turn it into a pissing contest on a fitness website? Cool.

That being said, 'Merica. I love my country and the achievements of all of our athletes.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    the last time there were this many americans in England, we were bailing you out of WWII.

*snicker*
  • dereksmb
    dereksmb Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Just out of curiosity why does everyone feel the need to argue about the Olympics? Sure competition is great but do we seriously need to argue like a bunch of children in a school yard? I can't take it seriously myself due to all the drugs involved. If you honestly think we can set new world records every time the Olympics comes around simply because our athletes are trained better then you're naive. I wish they'd just legalize the use of steroids and blood doping methods, in the Olympics to save face because honestly... every well developed nation is doing it.
This discussion has been closed.