Thank you

Options
Hi.

I'm new here and trying to lose weight. It seems like such a long road, I have ahead of me. I weigh 306....and would like to reach 175. (GW) ..I'm pretty mad at myself...because a few yrs back...I went from 297 down to 180.....then* poof *it all came back. I suppose I lost to fast .I love this site..it not only helps motivate me...but I can keep up with what I'm eating.... Thanks to all of you here for the much needed support!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    You can do it this time! :flowerforyou: Slow & steady wins the race! :smile:
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Congrats on your previous weight loss. I, too, am dealing with a similar problem, though my weight never got that low. In Oct. of last year I was weighing in just under 230. By August of this year I topped out over 290. I can't believe I let it get so bad, and it was doubly disappointing knowing I was so close to my goal weight only a year ago. So I wallowed in self-pity for awhile, but now I've accepted I have to pay the price and do the work all over again- only a little healthier this time. It sucks because people congratulate me on my current losses ("20 pounds?! That's awesome!") but I can't celebrate it too much, because I feel like I've already been here, done this. But still, every pound I lose I get closer to returning to the real me, and it is a good feeling.

Welcome to MFP. It is a wonderful tool for assisting in weight loss and I think you'll find much support from the other members. Good luck! You can do it. :happy: