Set day fasting

Options
I stumbled upon this fascinating article recently and have been mulling this over...
http://winningtheobesitybattle.wordpress.com/2010/06/11/the-mardy-roux-obesity-treatment-project-–-the-rules/
(this is the first post of many in the series. I read all the way to the beginning of phase 2, at which point I started to feel overwhelmed, and the whole point of the thing is to NOT feel overwhelmed in relation to food).

Has anybody done this? I have never fasted intentionally but I do know that in times of great stress, I tend to feel nauseous and don't eat. It generally doesn't both me but I know part of that has to do with the fact that I am preoccupied. I am seriously thinking about doing this.

I am particularly interested in the idea of reacquainting oneself with the feeling of real hunger, not the "background hunger" I experience constantly. I realize that this doesn't really fit the MFP agenda but if it brings me some kind of awareness, it should be beneficial.

Thoughts?

PS - try to be nice. seriously, don't attack me, obviously I am not attacking you.

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you ate less carbohydrates you may have less full / hunger swings during the day. The intermediate fasting people don't usually complain about hunger - I didn't eat or drink from 11pm last night until 4pm today (due to a medical procedure) and I was more bored and feeling deprived of my coffee habit than actually hungry.

There are several threads running about "Eat, fast, live longer" a BBC (UK) Horizon documentary that aired last night. They cover similar ground - ie 2 fasting days per week at about 500 calories.
  • helen0616
    Options
    Thanks, I'll see if I can find them.