SUGAR vs CARBS?

Options
Obviously it is best to stay within my daily targets for both carbs and sugar, but which is the MOST important? I am usually under my target for carbs but over my target for sugar. I learning so much thru tracking my eating and reading the boards! Thanks!

Replies

• ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Carbs, with the exception of fibre, metabolise to sugar (glucose). So, there's really not much difference between the two.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Obviously it is best to stay within my daily targets for both carbs and sugar, but which is the MOST important? I am usually under my target for carbs but over my target for sugar. I learning so much thru tracking my eating and reading the boards! Thanks!

Why is it best to stay under some arbitrary mfp set number for carbs and sugar?

Try to eat mostly whole, nutrient dense foods

Get in adequate protein and fats

Let rest of cals fall where they may

Maintain consistent caloric deficit

Profit
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

Profit

brilliance
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    The sugar limit is a bit flawed, follow carbs only.
  • alexis831
    alexis831 Posts: 469 Member
    Options

Profit

thumbnail.aspx?q=4911892764558214&id=ff74f7f3a200eadd582f4b3381d7e4c3
  • KFL130
    KFL130 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you!