all 0's like broccoli..

Options
Okay...I Recently found out I am a terrible cook and need suggestions for other things like broccoli/All 0's to add to my daily food ?I tried to make something I saw on TV ..So.Won't be doing that again ..

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    What's an "all 0"?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Broccoli...place in steamer, and Ms. Dash no salt seasoning after stalk is somewhat soft.

You're done. Enjoy.
  • oonegative
    Options
    Broccoli has all 0's on the calorie scale thing from calories to protein ..My bad I should have explained that better
  • oonegative
    Options
    And yes I already have broccoli down !Thanks
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,131 Member
    Options
    Broccoli has all 0's on the calorie scale thing from calories to protein ..My bad I should have explained that better

Broccoli has calories...what are you looking at?
  • CopperGalaxy
    CopperGalaxy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Brocolli is so nutritional I find it great to just put it as a side to any meal I make. Just boil it up for 6-7 minutes until the stalks are soft, and pop it in a separate bowl to what you're eating and just pick away through the meal.

I don't really use it much in the actual meal because good recipes with it in are hard to find, I know what you mean!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm a little confused....broccoli does have calories....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't know what you are looking at, but broccoli does NOT have zero calories, nor does it have zero carbs or protein. And why on earth would you want something zero nutritional value anyway?

What you are probably looking for, though, are nutrient-rich, low-calorie foods. Eat more green vegetables if this is what you want.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Are you saying that broccoli has 0 calories and 0g of other macros? Because, if so, that's an incorrect statement. The nutritional info per ounce of broccoli is as follows:

Cal: 31
    Fat: 0g
    Chol: 0g
    Sod: 30mg
    Pot: 288mg
    Carb: 6g
    Fib: 2.4g
    Sug: 1.5g
    Pro: 2.6g
    Vit A: 11%
    Vit C: 135%
    Calc: 4%
    Iron: 4%
  • oonegative
    Options
    Okay now I am confused in my food diary it comes up all 0's I just added 4 cups and it's still all 0s ??lol man...I should have looked that up before that post..oops.!
  • coliema
    Options
    Okay now I am confused in my food diary it comes up all 0's I just added 4 cups and it's still all 0s ??lol man...I should have looked that up before that post..oops.!

If you search "Broccoli, Raw", it should come up and then on the little scroll box pick how you had it made and the calories should come up correctly.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options

Like the majority of entries in the database, it's been entered by an idiot and it's completely wrong.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    what about roasting veggies?! YUMM!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Look for the entry with no asterisk. A lot of things are user-entered and may be wrong.
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Stay away from entires with a * or the word "generic".
  • oonegative
    Options
    I see that now I used the first one that came up Veggies - Broccili , 1 CUP but I just picked the next one down and it all came up...oops
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    I see that now I used the first one that came up Veggies - Broccili , 1 CUP but I just picked the next one down and it all came up...oops

You just need to double check your entries as you log them, make sure they make sense. Look at your food labels, make a rough estimate what the nutrition is for your serving and check the entry you're using is close.
  • oonegative
    Options
    smh at myself right now...
  • coliema
    Options
    smh at myself right now...
    Just be sure to look through all of your options to ensure you're picking the correct one.