How long did you wait...

Options

Replies

• stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    with my first son (15yo) I gained about 50 lbs and never lost it. When I had my daughter (13yo) I only gained 20-23 lbs and was back to pre-pregnancy weight before leaving the hospital. Too bad my pre-pregnancy weight was way too much lol! My second son (2yo) was the same... left the hospital lower than my pre-prenancy weight but again that was not a good weight either lol!!!
  • Marcillene
    Marcillene Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I waited over 5 years becuase ..well, I thought it might be better to be married the next time around :tongue:

I was in fantastic shape when I got pregnant with #2 and ended up gaining 70 pounds!

ETA, yes she was 100% planned

How did your body bounce back AFTER your 70lb pregnancy? are you back in the wonderful shape you were before?
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    well all 3 of my kids were not planned, they are all 3-3.5 years apart. They didnt effect my weight, because I was already fat and im a dude

You might think they were unplanned. No one gets pregnant 3 times without planning to. Unless they were three different women, I think you are naive.

I beg to disagree

lol i kinda gotta disagree too. all three of mine were unplanned, and i'm a woman, and i was married at the time. i had issues with various forms of hormonal birth control and switched between several methods, and some were...less effective than others.

ETA: i gained a ton of weight with all of mine. lost most of it between the second and third. but i was heavy to begin with so i never got "back to skinny." heh.

Also disagree.

Who are you to say someone planned 3 children? Were you there? Did you watch?.. Did you record it...btw?
  • cwannabee
    cwannabee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    We waited until our oldest was 1.5years. Got pregnant two months later. The kids are just shy of being 2.5yrs apart and I love that they are close, but not to close in age. For us it's a perfect split.

I gained 48lbs with my first and only lost 28lbs by the time I got pregnant again. Thankfully, I was more aware of my eating the second time around (Probably helped that I craved Granny Smith apples and not Whoppers with #2 too ;-P) and ended up at the same weight total as my first (just gained the 28lbs back).

Once I had my second and was cleared by my Dr. (#2 was a c-sec) I got to work losing weight with a vengance. A year later I was back to my pre-preg weight with #1 and now I'm about 10lbs under that....and thhhhiiiiiisss close to being under 200lbs....a place I haven't been since I got married 6 years ago.
  • MommaKit79
    MommaKit79 Posts: 852
    Options
    I am still waiting to concieve 2nd child. I gained about 65lbs with my daughter. I lost about 75% of that when I was breastfeeding and then put some back on. She is 27 months and I am not to my pre-preg weight but, I am working on it. Financially we arent ready for 2nd (eventhough if we wait for that, it will never happen) but regardless, I want to get a lil more off before we have our next child.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I waited over 5 years becuase ..well, I thought it might be better to be married the next time around :tongue:

I was in fantastic shape when I got pregnant with #2 and ended up gaining 70 pounds!

ETA, yes she was 100% planned

How did your body bounce back AFTER your 70lb pregnancy? are you back in the wonderful shape you were before?

It took over a year, a big interstate move (I always tend to lose weight when I move due to all the activity & stress) and a lot of swimming.(Had a huge pool in new place) I regained string bikini status when she was about 13 months old.
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    i think he means that they were not actively trying to get pregnant just not using protection...am i right?
  • ChapinaGrande
    ChapinaGrande Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    My baby is turning 5 next week (tear!) and we are considering another. Your post came at just the right time for me! Due to severe depression, I only gained 3 lb with my daughter. My situation has changed greatly, so I probably won't have that same issue. I've been working so hard to get in shape and I want to be healthy for another baby, but it seems silly to lose weight, have baby, lose weight again. Seems easier to just have baby, lose weight once.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Uh
    I found out on daughters first birthday.

I had gained about 60lbs with her. So yeah..... I still had most of that.
    But with my son I gained just enough. I was very careful about eating and whatnot.

I gained 65 w/ my son. He is 15 months now, and the hubby is talking another? The thought is exciting somewhat but we are nowhere near financialloy ready for another. And I want to be in better shape and be more careful and not gain as much.

how much did you gain with number 2?
    Like 21 lbs?
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    14 months and counting (after doctor's ok'ed for us to go at it again).

Though, my son works on being an only child daily...(lol, actually not, he's a great kid).
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    well all 3 of my kids were not planned, they are all 3-3.5 years apart. They didnt effect my weight, because I was already fat and im a dude

You might think they were unplanned. No one gets pregnant 3 times without planning to. Unless they were three different women, I think you are naive.

I beg to disagree

lol i kinda gotta disagree too. all three of mine were unplanned, and i'm a woman, and i was married at the time. i had issues with various forms of hormonal birth control and switched between several methods, and some were...less effective than others.

ETA: i gained a ton of weight with all of mine. lost most of it between the second and third. but i was heavy to begin with so i never got "back to skinny." heh.

Also disagree.

Who are you to say someone planned 3 children? Were you there? Did you watch?.. Did you record it...btw?

come to think of it, I thought i heard someone in the closet, but then again in two minutes its hard to tell.
  • Kioko1973
    Kioko1973 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My second son was not planned. I was on the pill but still conceived. I was in great shape and talking to an Air Force Reserve recruiter to sign up. I gained maybe 5-10lbs. I lost 13lbs during the first 2 trimesters because I couldn't keep anything down. I would be sick looking at or smelling many foods especially meat and dairy products. I lost all of the weight after he was born (nursed) and didn't gain weight (ie become overweight) until I went back to work when he was about 2 months old. I craved so much junk food! I gained weight with my 3rd and lost it pretty quickly since I nursed. I gained the most with my first because I ate any and everything that wasn't nailed down. My boys will be 18, 14 and 8 this year.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

I beg to disagree

Also disagree.

come to think of it, I thought i heard someone in the closet, but then again in two minutes its hard to tell.

bahah!!
  • lau4491
    lau4491 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i hadnt read everyone elses comments, lol
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    How long did you wait to conceive baby number 2, on purpose or on accident? And how did it effect your weight? As in, did you loose all your baby weight by the time you got pregnant again, and did you gain less or more weight with baby #2.

We conceived baby #2 (my middle son) a little over 3 years after our daughter... It was on purpose. We started trying to conceive him at the end of February 2010 and I was pregnant in May 2010 (found out on my birthday). Yes I lost all of my weight between having my daughter and my first son. It was after I had my first son and when I got pregnant with my third son that I didn't lose the weight (was only 6 months PP) .... And yep I gained more with my 2nd.
  • heddylyn
    heddylyn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I have 2. Both were planned and they are 3 years and 4 months apart. With my first I was obese when I got pregnant (197 pounds) when I gave birth to him I was 233! The pregnancy weight came off in 3 months without me doing anything. Then I decided that I no longer wanted to be the obese person I had become and by his first birthday I weighed 138. By the time I got pregnant with my second I had put on about 8 pounds so I started at 146 when I got pregnant with her. I ate pretty healthy and worked out a lot (I only walked with my first pregnancy) but gained 50 pounds! The weight did NOT want to come off the second time around. I had to work much harder to get it off. But now I am 15 pounds lighter than my pre-pregnancy weight.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    I got pregnant with my second son 8 weeks after giving birth. craziest part is I gained the bulk of my weight after the second birth (but in my defense my son passed away and I went into a severe depression, gained 100lbs in 1 year)

I'm on my road to recovery both physicly and emotionally :-)
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    We planned our pregnancies and wanted to space them out about 5-years.
    There is a 5 1/2 year separation between our two pregnancies… but I had twins the second go around.
    I gained 18lbs with the first and 24lbs with the twins.
    I walked out of the hospital after both delivers about 5lbs lighter than I started.
    I still weigh what I did 10-years ago... before I ever had children.

Sounds amazing right?

Problem is I've been about 70lbs overweight for 10-years. <sigh> I suck!
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    my second child was with my now husband, we found out I was pregnant on my daughter's 2nd birthday, he was planned. I gained only 17lbs with my first pregnancy because of Hyperemesis Gravidarum(severe morning sickness). So it was ll gone and then some just by giving birth. Same thing happened with my son, I gained 18lbs, lost 20 after his birth.
    After I get healthy again, we want baby #3, my son is 18months old, so the sooner the better. :)
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    We planned to have a baby and we were VERY SURPRISED that there was a 2nd baby. So we had 1 and 2 at the same time. They were literally born the same minute ;o) I didn't gain much with the 2 around 30-35 lbs. If we plan on a 3rd (hopefully not 3 and 4 haha) it will not be for another year or so. I came home from the hospital a week later with about 5-10 lbs of water weight that came off quickly. I would assume if there was one I would gain less with my 2nd pregnancy.