Am new, too -- any suggestions about the social aspect

Options
Not sure about the demographics about the site. I am 54 and have tried just about every reasonable and irrational methods of losing and keeping off any weight loss. I know what I need to do. I need to keep my motivation bolstered. Anyone know the feeling? Recently, I lost 40 pounds by "stopping the diets". However, I have gained 4 pounds back. I am heading in the wrong direction when I have over 100 pounds to go! I am more than willing to share my strategies with anyone who wants to listen. I am also willing to listen to any strategies other people want to share.:smile:

Replies

• Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm 31 and can relate. Feel free to share your strategies. Show me yours and I'll show you mine. :P
  • munchkin100
    Options
    Hey Im new on here too, ive been using MFP on my phone just never signed in on line, My aim is imitally to lose some lbs before going on a walking holiday next month. My aim was a stone, 7lbs gone already. Once the holiday is over I intend to keep going. I want to be a normal weight, not overweight. I saw myself in a photo recently and didnt like what I saw. I find it easier to lose weight if im doing it for a reason i.e. special occasion, so once my holiday is over I need to have another reason.