GROOMING TIPS FOR MEN (FOR THE WOMEN PLEASE)

Options
CalJur
CalJur Posts: 627 Member
With women clearly outnumbering men on this site, it behooves us to take advantage of the opportunity to solicit your expert opinions about us especially given that at least half of what we do in our daily lives is to please you! Here goes:

Grooming dos and dont's for men.

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    you crack me up!!!! My fiance shaves everything minus his arms, arm pit and legs, and i love it! soooo sexy! lol
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Preferably shaved in & around the region, especially if you want dome. Not a fan of chest hair either. My man also prefers to shave his armpits, which I originally found odd, but whatever. Smoooooooth = :love: :bigsmile:
  • LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Preferably shaved in & around the region, especially if you want dome. Not a fan of chest hair either. My man also prefers to shave his armpits, which I originally found odd, but whatever. Smoooooooth = :love: :bigsmile:

LMAO @ DOME! love it! yeah, i totally agree--- when i first started dating Jeff, he came over in a " wife beater" and had blood around his nipples, i was like um, did you have a shaving mishap!? LOL
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Idk always felt like shaving wasn't very manly. But I don't like chest hair. Good thing my last bf didn't have any! His friends would make fun of him for it but I told him I liked it :)
  • 1SlimShaylee
    Options
    OP: you do not need any tips, because hello look at you! you obviously know what up!!

for the rest of you.... keep it clean, tidy, and manly! lol @dome!!

p.s. brush your fuggin teeth every day, morning and night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    OP: you do not need any tips, because hello look at you! you obviously know what up!!

for the rest of you.... keep it clean, tidy, and manly! lol @dome!!

p.s. brush your fuggin teeth every day, morning and night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i find women i date tend to want me even more hairy to the point there saving dog shedings and glueing them to me as i sleep , some non sence about the more hairy i am the less they gotta actually see of me
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Personally I think men should shave their faces and that's it.

I don't care for back hair....that could be waxed off....but I like naturally everywhere else....maybe ear hair plucked :)

Shows when I grew up......it's an age thing I think.

Other grooming....tidy facial hair, short hair or shaved head. Clean shiny teeth...clean bod with some nice cologne, clean put together clothes...and all is good.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Keep the hair on your head well groomed. I really don't like guys with long hair.
    Keep your downstairs trimmed and CLEAN.
    Facial hair should look neat as well, preferable just stubble.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I guess it's good that I like chest hair and face hair bc I married an Italian guy with loads of hair. The only thing I care about is that he keeps his region manscaped. Everything else, no need to shave.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Oh, and I really hate cologne. It's overwhelming. Use a little unscented deodorant and your natural man smell is great!
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    i find women i date tend to want me even more hairy to the point there saving dog shedings and glueing them to me as i sleep , some non sence about the more hairy i am the less they gotta actually see of me

Some chicks just dig hairy dudes. I hear about guys shaving and I want to scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Keep your nose and ear hair trimmed up. Please!
  • _KatieKat
    _KatieKat Posts: 224
    Options
    ok, everything above and .........FRIGGIN CLEAN UP AFTER YOURSELVES! I know thats not a grooming tip but just sayin..................:huh:
  • Prudiddy
    Prudiddy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I don't mind a trim cut on the lower region, just use shampoo, a clean fresh scent is always pleasant when making frequent visits for dessert! (smiley)
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    keep the landscaping tidy down south, brush your teeth and take a shower at least every other day. Other than that I dont care.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Think about it like this... Would you find a woman attractive if she had big ol' nose hairs attacking your upper lip while she kissed you? Would she be hot if she had eyebrows that climbed halfway up her forehead? Or if you had to scream at her all the time, because she can't hear due to all the hair in her ears?

I didn't think so. Use some common sense. Trim your face up. Take the extra minute and a half to do your ears, nose, and brows. Take some pride in your manscaping. Especially around the twig and berries. For the *most* part - girls don't like bushwhacking through the forrest. We like things neat, and tidy. Plus - it makes the twig look taller. Bonus for you, and her.

Now, as far as pits, arms, legs, chest, and back hair go - while I can't understand ANY woman in the world finding back hair attractive - ask YOUR lady what she preferrs.... You don't want to shave off what turns her on...
  • misskatibear
    misskatibear Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    For me, it has to be showering. I know it's pretty obvious, but there's nothing nicer than knowing your man is CLEAN! :P
    I'm glad that my partner showers everyday, because I know some men don't (and women, obviously - not being sexist here!)

Be sure to check your nose and ear hair too :P

I kinda like stubble on men (neat looking stubble!). But that really is personal preference.

And please, no piling on the aftershave/deodorant - A little is enough! :)
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I like everything trimmed and no back hair. That said DH has a hairy back and I don't care if he misses a waxing session every once in a while.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Keep the manscaping tidy and clean. (if you need reasons why, watch Margaret Cho....she does an excellent bit on how things tends to get "gamey".) If you want your girl to do something...think about what condition you want things in if you were to do the same thing.

Stubble...some women like it. But the trick to that sexy, unshaven day old stubble look is to still have it groomed. My boyfriend thinks he is so sexy walking around with 3 days of growth....yuck. But he doesn't listen to me. Regularly wash and groom facial hair.

I hate men with a unibrow...so a little trimming there is appreciated.

I know this is silly, but I hate dirty ears. I can't tell you how many people I meet who have it all together until you look at their grungy yellow ears. Blech.