The Last Straw....

Options
I've had a weight problem for as long as i can remember. I recently cleaned my room and found a bunch of old CDs that had a bunch of pictures on them from about 8 years ago. And all I felt like doing after going through all those pictures was sulking in the darkness about how i've gained so much weight over that time to the point where i'm at now, which is exactly what i did. I figured i'd give this a shot since nothing else has really worked out for me. I'd love to get some advice and support, as well as give to friends that i hope to make thru MFP.

Thanks!
Anastasia

Replies

• kattipoo93
    Options
    I'll definitely be your friend! :) MFP has definitely been a big help for me in the past and I just recently rejoined! Feel free to add me, I'll be sure to be a good motivator!
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! we will certainly try our best to be good supporters of your weightloss/new lease on life journey! Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • back_to_18
    Options
    Welcome to the site Anastasia.

I've been here around 55 days and found that there's some wonderful people on here who are more than willing to offer help and advice.

Since joining the site I've lost 36lbs so it's definitely worth a try!

Feel free to "friend" me and I'm sure you'll soon hear from lots of other people in exactly the same circumstance as you who are happy to help.
  • Misslisat
    Misslisat Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You have definitely come to the right place for support, ideas, friends, etc. Welcome to the group!!
  • kpower1983
    kpower1983 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome, this is the oly way I can stay on track, it's been a great help. Good luck!
  • desilou52879
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it....that's what we are all here for!!!
  • grkpetalouda
    Options
    thank you everyone! you've all made my day!
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I had a similar moment when I started this site. I went to the doctor and was blown by what the scale says (reality really slapped me in the face). Then in the office when the nurse was putting in my numbers I could see how the pounds came on little by little the past four years. That was when I thought, "Something needs to change".

My advice would be drink plenty of water and listen to your body. You will get many differing pieces of advice on this site. Things like eating your exercise calories, starvation mode, and such can spark huge controversy. Try different things and see what works FOR YOU. Make your own regiment and stick to it. If it doesn't work, try something else. But never give up. You can get back to the weight you were 8 years ago for sure ^^
  • likemeinvisible
    Options
    Don't be sad. I've been counting calories since I was 14 but never been methodical about it or about my exercise. I've done here in less then two weeks more than I've done in a year. It's easy once you have the right tools. Add me and I'll watch over you.