Logging curcuit training

Options
Hey, All.

I getting back into fitness and have a question about logging. I am starting a strength dvd that keeps my heart rate up for most of it. However, it never returns to normal until after the routine is over for 5-10 minutes, even during the part that does not require as much effort. Is it better to count the whole time as curcuit training, or just the part where I feel it?

Thanks!

Replies

• mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    For me, MFP estimates on circuit training were high. I always suspected that so, if I did a video that was 40 minutes I would log that I did 30. A few weeks ago I got an HRM and the estimates were about 100 calories higher than what my HRM registered.
  • mkcmurphy
    mkcmurphy Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Sure. I love my HRM btw.
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    For me, MFP estimates on circuit training were high. I always suspected that so, if I did a video that was 40 minutes I would log that I did 30. A few weeks ago I got an HRM and the estimates were about 100 calories higher than what my HRM registered.

I agree with this exactly! I was JUST logging in a workout I tried to squeeze in. My HRM stated 100 calories burned for 18 mins. MFP said that 18 mins was 197 calories burned.

I would definitely adjust your entry as MFP tends to be higher