Can't stop grinning

Options
Yesterday was horrible. Last night I got into a huge fight with a friend an had a breakdown. Today wasn't much better... midterms are coming and things are really stressful. I've always been stuck at 160. Last semester I ate like crap and didn't exercise, and I was 160... this semester I'm doing all of this, eating right, exercising an hour to an hour and a half 5 to 6 days a week, and I'm still 160. It's really odd. I'm having trouble sleeping... most nights I lie in bed until about 4.30 am, and then get up for class at 9. I'm not feeling well....

But for some reason, when I went to the gym today... I couldn't stop grinning. I had a great song on my ipod, the elliptical felt like nothing to me... I went for 30 minutes and didn't even realize it. I was watching the basketball players and imagining that they were a school of fish.... it just all made me so happy for no reason at all. Since then, I've been grinning and laughing at everything, it really turned my day around. of course... I got looked at oddly for a bit as I suspect I looked lie a maniac grinning at nothing while I worked on the elliptical, haha, but I had fun, and am in such a better mood.

Has this happened to anyone else? I mean... I know exercise releases endorphins... but THAT much? haha

Replies

• adelespears
    Options
    Yesterday was horrible. Last night I got into a huge fight with a friend an had a breakdown. Today wasn't much better... midterms are coming and things are really stressful. I've always been stuck at 160. Last semester I ate like crap and didn't exercise, and I was 160... this semester I'm doing all of this, eating right, exercising an hour to an hour and a half 5 to 6 days a week, and I'm still 160. It's really odd. I'm having trouble sleeping... most nights I lie in bed until about 4.30 am, and then get up for class at 9. I'm not feeling well....

But for some reason, when I went to the gym today... I couldn't stop grinning. I had a great song on my ipod, the elliptical felt like nothing to me... I went for 30 minutes and didn't even realize it. I was watching the basketball players and imagining that they were a school of fish.... it just all made me so happy for no reason at all. Since then, I've been grinning and laughing at everything, it really turned my day around. of course... I got looked at oddly for a bit as I suspect I looked lie a maniac grinning at nothing while I worked on the elliptical, haha, but I had fun, and am in such a better mood.

Has this happened to anyone else? I mean... I know exercise releases endorphins... but THAT much? haha
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I bought workout DVDs when I started this website, and at first, I hated all the women on them b/c they were smiling their butts off and I was sweaty and flustered. But now, I enjoy their smiling faces and often find myself smiling back at the tv! I think you're just realizing that it's not a chore, but a joy!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I was just talking to my husband about those endorphins this past weekend. My question is: If we feel so good when we finish, why is it such a battle of wits to get on the treadmill in the first place? (At least it is for me some days.) Ahhhh. The human mind is a complex thing. I'm glad you're feeling better.

Please don't discount what your current stress level will do to you. My twin and I lived together all four years of college and we had some of our biggest fights during that time. Midterms, etc. don't bring out the best in people. Try going to your friend. You'll be able to make up. I'm sure that he/she is feeling the pressure, too. Besides! Chin up....you're halfway to the end!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    P
  • Panthera
    Options
    Let me give you another reason to grin - you're in fargin' University!!! Stressful, but a really fun time in your life. Ah...... if I could only go back for a day!
  • Erica92627
    Options
    your story just gave me a visual. I just saw what you saw a school of fish. lol I have random thoughts come through my mind and I know the looks you are talking about! But you know what, if they knew the thougths that goes through another persons mind they'd laugh too.

Keep grinning it will make your day go by faster.