My Halloween Strategy for this Saturday

Every year I tend to overdo it on sneaking chocolates whenever I get a chance. This year I want to do better.

I've recently been thinking it might be easier to manage my day's calories by aiming for 400 cals per meal and 300 for snack/dessert cals.

Strategy for this Saturday is to use my 300 for chocolate! That's about 6 pieces of a small chocolate.

Wish me luck.

You guys trying anything?

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    I don't really have cravings anymore!! Before I wouldn't eat all day, I'd have a small meal and be fine but then around 4-5pm I'd be starving, so I would overeat at night, even if i was't hungry I would find myself craving foods. Since I started eating 5-6 times a day, that's not happening anymore. I also love jell-o sugar free pudding, only 60 cal and 1.5 g of fat in a container. I normally have one a day, that keeps my chocolate/sweet cravings at bay! I also have popcorn sometimes the orville redenbacher smart pop, 100 calorie 94% fat free bags, they're yummy!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    i was thinking of eating my reg dinner around 5 or 6. then chew gum. if the flavor runs out i will get a fresh gum out of my kid's treat bag. by the time we are done, it will be late for me to eat anything. but i satisfied my sweet tooth. the thing that i hate is that my husband starts to eat the candy while we are getting it and wants me to try the candy he hasnt tried.
  • ma9321
    ma9321 Posts: 227 Member
    I'm going to try to stay away from the candy period... I did okay last year.
    I just found out i'm preggers and I do not want to over do it and start splurging and gain all that extra weight!

Good luck!!! :smile:
  • Candy isn't a huge downfall for me, but I do enjoy it occasionally. I was thinking of trying something another member suggested yesterday and making little 100 or 200 cal packs with the candy. That way I can have something different in place of my usual 100-200 cal snacks. I'll make up some for my son, too.
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    I'm going to try to have a candy free halloween. I know that if I have one I won't be able to stop. I will try to keep myself busy with other things. I will rent a movie and drink some tea. I have a christmas party coming up and I just can't cheat at all. I want to look fabulous in my red dress. Good luck!
  • jlefton1212
    jlefton1212 Posts: 171 Member
    My biggest issue is the "It's Halloween, better eat all your favorites while you can!! It only comes once a year!!" impulse.

So with Halloween candy, I try putting some mini candy bars in the freezer. Not a ton, but maybe 5 or so. If I store some in the freezer, I can calm down because I know they will be there if I want one, but I have to REALLY want one because it takes some time to allow them to thaw and reach their peak. So I can't hit the freezer and eat all 5 at one time (that would result in some teeth issues!) For me, anything that makes me slow down and think about what I am about to eat gives me more restraint.
  • jlefton1212
    I'm going to try to stay away from the candy period... I did okay last year.
    I just found out i'm preggers and I do not want to over do it and start splurging and gain all that extra weight!

Good luck!!! :smile:

congratulations! :smile:
  • For me, most of the fun comes fromthe actuall stealing it from my son, so I have decided I amstill going to sneak the Snickers, but I plan to freeze them for an every 3rd day treat (can't do every day due to glucose levels). I wish you luck, and I might need a bit of my own for "sometimes the best laid plans..."
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    My biggest issue is the "It's Halloween, better eat all your favorites while you can!! It only comes once a year!!" impulse.

So with Halloween candy, I try putting some mini candy bars in the freezer. Not a ton, but maybe 5 or so. If I store some in the freezer, I can calm down because I know they will be there if I want one, but I have to REALLY want one because it takes some time to allow them to thaw and reach their peak. So I can't hit the freezer and eat all 5 at one time (that would result in some teeth issues!) For me, anything that makes me slow down and think about what I am about to eat gives me more restraint.

Freezing the minis is a GREAT idea! You are forced to eat them slowly, so you can't go chowing down like you normally would! Great idea!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Every year I tend to overdo it on sneaking chocolates whenever I get a chance. This year I want to do better.

I've recently been thinking it might be easier to manage my day's calories by aiming for 400 cals per meal and 300 for snack/dessert cals.

Strategy for this Saturday is to use my 300 for chocolate! That's about 6 pieces of a small chocolate.

Wish me luck.

Another great idea. Leave that wiggle room. I love Halloween chocolate candy too!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member

Wish me luck.

Another great idea. Leave that wiggle room. I love Halloween chocolate candy too!

No kidding. my wife wanted to buy the candy for trick-or-treaters a few days ago and I told her we better wait til friday at least, because having them around all week would probably result in me having some daily. Then nothing left for the kids!
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member

I was thinking the exact same thing. I absolutely love the little chocolate bars, and I was thinking that if maybe I have some around (for when I REALLY, REALLY want one) then I could have one of these small bars. It's not the greatest thing, but I figure it will at least save me from going to the store and then eating a regular or king size one :laugh:
  • jlefton1212
    Milky Way bars freeze really well. :smile:
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Wear a skin tight costume and trade the darn candy for booze! way more fun!
  • .... and give the candy to the kiddies.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Good strategies. Isn't that what it's all about?
    Life. :wink:
    Here is another tool to help with decision making this weekend...

http://www.hungry-girl.com/girls/biteoutdetails.php?isid=1900
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Sometimes my strategy is to wear pants that fit, but fit snuggly. That way I feel like I don't want to eat a lot. I'm more likely to overeat in sweatpants than I am in a snug-fitting pair of jeans... silly, I know :laugh:
  • Switch Witch!!! The night after Halloween (Sunday night) have the kiddos put the Halloween buckets full of candy out on the front porch. The Switch Witch will come and take all the candy and leave a new toy, book or what ever your child loves in its place. My kids love this.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    That's very cool!
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Hello TheGoblinRoad, not to bum you out, but its not completely the calories it has to do with sugar content, fat clories and all. I would personally skip a meal or bring it to 300 calories a meal.