Best Sports Bra?

Options
Being a large-breasted lady, finding a good sports bra is so important to having a good workout, especially if you're doing high impact. I currently use Moving Comfort's Maia, which is awesome. But what do you guys use?

Replies

• supergirlie00
    Options
    Being a large breasted lady my self I find it hard to get a good supportive sports bra, however I do like the Nike sports bras! They hold me up pretty good :)
  • mebutsmaller
    Options
    I was recently in a running store to buy running shoes, and noticed that they have a whole specialized way of measuring and fitting for sports bras. It was really impressive, and they said up to 80% of women wear sports bras that don't actually fit them properly. If you're not committed to a certain brand of bra, it might be worth getting fitted at a running store...
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Champion Double Dry Seamless Full Support Underwire Sports Bra

say that 5 times fast. ;-)
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Lulu Lemon Tata Tamer II or just the original one called the Tata Tamer. Loved it until I lost so much weight they don't make it in my size anymore :( Going to have to go pick up one of their running bras for smaller chested gals now.
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Champion Double Dry Seamless Full Support Underwire Sports Bra

say that 5 times fast. ;-)

ooh now you got me.. at underwired!

mine are never underwired and I hate that..

I was going to suggest shock absorber though great range and high 'intensity' lol I use a running one for riding my horse.. no bounce but I do need a smaller one now I've lost weight and it's 7 years old! lol
  • mrcatstevens
    Options
    The best one I've found: Moving Comfort Maia. It's ugly as hell and high necked, but if you wear a regular crew tshirt it should cover up the bra. It has underwire, NO uniboob and works for high impact activities.

http://www.zappos.com/product/7423182/
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pretty good sports bras, but I never wear them- I default to a double bra- an old regular underwire under a compression type sports bra. I've been doing it since HS, and none of my good sports defy movement as much as the 2 bras! lol. Plus, you get a lot less uni-boob effect.
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    The one i use is by Under Armor. I have large breasts and this one was perfect because it has criss cross in the back and it closes by zipper in the front. Its just slightly padded but not enough to make things bigger. Its for high impact and let me tell you these things DONT MOVE! I find it difficult at times when im all sweaty to remove the ones with no open/close. That is why the zipper in front is perfect, no over the head etc. It was pricey but worth it
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I have a couple pretty good sports bras, but I never wear them- I default to a double bra- an old regular underwire under a compression type sports bra. I've been doing it since HS, and none of my good sports defy movement as much as the 2 bras! lol. Plus, you get a lot less uni-boob effect.

I trained in a normal underwired t-shirt bra the other day, worked fine, I am doing cross trainer and weight lifting so not so much 'bounce control' needed. lol Might try the sport crop top over a bra like you suggest. I have a lovely one that is just too relaxed to wear alone.
  • courtneyleem
    Options
    The one i use is by Under Armor. I have large breasts and this one was perfect because it has criss cross in the back and it closes by zipper in the front. Its just slightly padded but not enough to make things bigger. Its for high impact and let me tell you these things DONT MOVE! I find it difficult at times when im all sweaty to remove the ones with no open/close. That is why the zipper in front is perfect, no over the head etc. It was pricey but worth it

I have an over-the-head style. I can tell you now, post workout with jello arms and rivers of boob sweat... this baby is not coming off without help.
  • sallydurkin
    sallydurkin Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Love, Love, LOVE my Enelle! I cannot use ones that crosses on my back I always get headaches the next day and sore right along the base of my neck. Even sometimes my racing back running shirt does the same thing to me when I wear it. Just waiting to shrink out of it so I can buy a new one.
  • ouix3
    ouix3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the underarmour too- fantastic bra! Keeps my DDs from flopping without binding. Expensive but so worth it!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I'm a 34D and am tired of bouncing up and down while exercising.
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing Moving Comfort. However, I need some new ones, I might try the under armour and enelle.
  • JillABeaN25
    JillABeaN25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort. Check Amazon. They can be a little pricey but there isn't a bad fit in the bunch! Worth every cent. Not a uniboob effect or bounce to be seen. And this is coming from a DD!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorber, Freya or Panache. All sized by your bra size. Great support.

Under Armour is good for under DD from what I hear. But I am about a 34H, so that doesn't work for me. The ones above do. Freya has wired and unwired styles.
  • BeaterEater
    Options
    Panache. I am a 32F and when I wear the Panache's sports bra, nothing moves :) They are a very comfortable underwire.
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Personally, Shock Absorber are the absolute best for me. There isnt much bounce (I am a 40 F) but still feels comfortable. I also like Anitas, but Shock Absorber are the best, IMO. I have tried Champion and they did not work for me at all, but everyone is different.

:drinker:
  • quill16
    quill16 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I wear a 34-36 DDD and I have found Glamorise (white/grey 2 part no bounce) ($50) and also regular Glamorise (black/pink)($39) sports bras. The grey and white one runs small in the band size ,so I get a 38. and a 36 in the black/ pink one. The girls do not move as I run on the treadmill for 5-7 miles a day. I tried the sports bra at Target store and laughed as I ran in front of the mirror. No way I would go in public with that LOL!!!!
  • FitnSassy
    FitnSassy Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Bump