My sore thighs!

Options
Ahhhh! Yesterday was my first day of badminton tryouts where we did a lot of lunges and today I can't even get up from my chair without wincing! What should I do? Tryouts for today begin in 1 hour! I have already tried a hot bath!

Replies

• madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Stretching before and after is KEY! Also, though this isn't going to help you before your second round of try outs tomorrow, when you finish today ICE your muscles first and apply heat afterward.
  • jasbookworm
    jasbookworm Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I will try that!
  • jasbookworm
    Options
    is that it? :(
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    stretching a lot will help. Also, I was told not to stretch with "cold" muscles... do a quick warm up, get a good stretch in, and stetch after your work out.

I did a core strength class the other day and I was sore as the day is long....I felt terrible all day, tense and tired. And you won't believe it, but hitting the gym and working out actually made it better.
  • ger2oo5
    ger2oo5 Posts: 5
    Options
    Before your tryouts, do 15-20 minutes light cardio and stretching to Increase blood flow to the affected areas and increae range of motion. Personally, I would also use a NSAID such as ibuprofen as a one off ;)
  • jasbookworm
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions! I have also seen that a super cold bath helps a lot! When I went into the water, I thought of the Game Plan where the football guy was in a bathtub full of ice.