Any success stories from fibromyalgia sufferers?

Options
2»

Replies

• shquig
    shquig Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been diagnosed with fibro as well as a myriad as other things. Several years back I used this site in combination with other stuff and shed about 60 or 65 pounds. I gained back about 10 with meds I go on and off of. This time round I would like to lose 40 more, maybe 30. I'll know it when I get there, so I can reach an ideal weight. I definitely stick to the low carb/sugar idea and activity is key. If I am sedentary my body lets me know. Of course there are days when I hurt so much I don't have a choice but to be sedentary but I try to get out of that "ditch" asap when it happens. You've got this, girl!! You can do it. If you shed some pounds you'll benefit in terms of pain, too. It's the best give I've given myself and here we go again!! Let's do it!
  • socoolnanny
    socoolnanny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I try to eat primal but succumb to carbs big time every couple of weeks for a day or two. That is why, I think, that my weight is staying stable, that and not moving around enough. I so need to lose about 40lbs but keep sabataging myself. I am sure my fibro and arthritis would be helped if only I would help myself. This is a great site for support, virtual hugs to all.
  • socoolnanny
    socoolnanny Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im just wondering how you all get started or get moving in what I call pain days. Im in pain every single day for many many years but some days are worse than others. I went off meds because they made me sick and only helped mildly with the pain. Mornings are unbearable and by the time I get off work.... you guessed it Im exaused and more pain. I get depressed because of the pain and the weight but I desperately need to get healthy. What type of exercises do you do and how often? what works? I know there is a limit for most sufferers and you need to learn to listen to your body as to not overdo it or once again the pain just gets worse.... looking for any tips
    [/quote}

I know exactly where you are coming from, I don't even manage a ten minute walk most days. I try to swim once a week for about 30minutes, mostly doing my physio exercises and gentle breastroke, i also go to a hospital run gym once a week. I think these are helping to keep my weight stable but I really need to lose about 40lb. I have set myself weekly targets like take a daily walk (no matter how short, just to get out in the fresh air) and drink more water and daily targets like doing a certain chore before lunch, something before dinner etc. It seems to be working. This is a great site for support, I just don't look at it often enough, the main thing is to be kind to yourself.
  • Kristenmarie311
    Options
    I have had fibromyalgia for 4 years and i had tried vegan, all organic, and now I am on the ketogenic diet. I've never felt so pain free. I buy ketone test strips and test my urine frequently because as long as i stay in ketosis, I feel amazing. I've been looking weight and gaining muscle. My muscles have been weak and useless it seems for 4 years. Be really strick with the carbs because it works.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!