The Carpe Diem Team members
    TheGoblinRoad
    Fatty78
    Aurora22
    Raynval97
    Lowclouds
    Poeticjustice_2001
    toots99

Let's hear your goals, for those of you who havent said yet. :)

#1 is to stay consistent- Working out daily (at least 5 days a week maybe 6) and logging my food.

#2 Pounds to lose by Jan 1 - 20lbs

I'm with you Thegoblinroad, I don't think I could do completely without sweets!

I also agree on adding each other to our friends list.

Are we checking in this Friday since it's not a full week and do we want to post our start weight?
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I'll be lucky number 7! :drinker:

:)

ok, final list of 7 members of Carpe Diem team:
    TheGoblinRoad
    Fatty78
    Aurora22
    Raynval97
    Lowclouds
    Poeticjustice_2001
    toots99

#1 is to stay consistent- Working out daily (at least 5 days a week maybe 6) and logging my food.

Are we checking in this Friday since it's not a full week and do we want to post our start weight?

I think we can check in one week from tomorrow, "officially" but I think we should keep in touch via messages during the week, perhaps all get to know each other that way. :)

Regarding start weight-- i dont feel like requiring that. Perhaps just state how much lost that week.
  • valw97
    valw97 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'll be lucky number 7! :drinker:

:)

ok, final list of 7 members of Carpe Diem team:
    TheGoblinRoad
    Fatty78
    Aurora22
    Raynval97
    Lowclouds
    Poeticjustice_2001
    toots99

I think we can check in one week from tomorrow, "officially" but I think we should keep in touch via messages during the week, perhaps all get to know each other that way. :)

Regarding start weight-- i dont feel like requiring that. Perhaps just state how much lost that week.

Ok, sounds like a good plan! Good Luck everyone:bigsmile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    My goals would be:

1. to drink more water...I don't drink nearly enough!
    2. To keep up with my running...I've been starting to slack lately
    3. I am aiming to lose at least 20 lbs by March 1st. I am going to see some friends I hadn't seen in almost a year and I want to be smokin' hot!

Goooooooooooooo team! :laugh:

Oh, and checking in on Fridays is perfect, that's when I weigh in! Starting weight now is 200.
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    1. lose 5 lbs by Jan 1st. Loosing during the holidays is going to be really hard for me since I really like food, especially rich festive food
    2. Practice moderation. Having one cookie does not kill me, but four makes my stomach hurt. I need to train myself to be satisfied with just a little treat instead of a binge.
    3. Keep active. I began running over the summer and have lost 24 lbs (my baby weight) since June. Now I am working on the extra 10 lbs I have carried around since puberty. Running and biking is much harder in the winter with short days and rain, but I still need to find a way to be active!
    4.Cement in healthy eating habits. I want to get pregnant again next year, but I don't want to gain 60 lbs like last time. Hopefully, I can get a bit underweight before I get prego so that the gain is not as big a deal.
    5. Support my new friends!
    A
  • ToeTapN
    ToeTapN Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I am doing well. I have been logging all my meals and drinking enough water. I walked 10 miles yesterday and have walked three so far today. I am also reading all your posts so thanks for keeping me motivated!
  • TheGoblinRoad
    TheGoblinRoad Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    I am doing well. I have been logging all my meals and drinking enough water. I walked 10 miles yesterday and have walked three so far today. I am also reading all your posts so thanks for keeping me motivated!

10 miles is awesome. Treadmill or outside?

I overdid it at dinner yesterday so I told my wife to take the car and I'd walk home from the restaurant, which takes 30 minutes. But when I reached the field near home I decided to walk around it 4 times, which adds another 30 minutes. It was tough- my feet ached. Spent most of the time thinking about whether it was worth the dinner or not and decided that the dinner wasn't THAT good.

i'm glad I did the walk, though. I still came out 102 calories past my daily goal, but that's a lot better than 400 or so calories past it.
  • toots99
    Options
    I was good all day yesterday, and I'll be good all day today! I just got home from the gym, did 30 mins on the elliptical and 30 mins on the treadmill. According to my heart rate monitor, I burned 500 calories. That's a bit lower than what I usually aim for, but I plan on being well within my calories today so I'm not worried.
  • Aurora22
    Aurora22 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Today I am planning to go to the rock climbing gym. I think it counts more as strength training than cardio, though at times my heart is racing pretty fast! I will stay a bit after my buddy leaves and use the precor. I am excited today since we are dropping the baby off at grandmas and having date night. I am going to put on some of the new clothes that I had to buy because of my weight loss over the summer. It is so great to be smaller! I am so happy to enjoy the benefits of previous hard work!
    A
  • ToeTapN
    Options

I overdid it at dinner yesterday so I told my wife to take the car and I'd walk home from the restaurant, which takes 30 minutes. But when I reached the field near home I decided to walk around it 4 times, which adds another 30 minutes. It was tough- my feet ached. Spent most of the time thinking about whether it was worth the dinner or not and decided that the dinner wasn't THAT good.

i'm glad I did the walk, though. I still came out 102 calories past my daily goal, but that's a lot better than 400 or so calories past it.
    So cool that you decided to and were able to walk home from the restaurant! I love walking outside and will continue to do so until it gets bitter cold here in upstate NY. I walk a lot because I am usually pushing a baby in a stroller. I recommend insoles for sore feet...have you tried them? Mine make a huge difference. BTW...how did you make out at the halloween party?
  • ToeTapN
    Options
    Today I am planning to go to the rock climbing gym. I think it counts more as strength training than cardio, though at times my heart is racing pretty fast! I will stay a bit after my buddy leaves and use the precor. I am excited today since we are dropping the baby off at grandmas and having date night. I am going to put on some of the new clothes that I had to buy because of my weight loss over the summer. It is so great to be smaller! I am so happy to enjoy the benefits of previous hard work!
    A

Awesome A! sounds like you are doing wonderfully and I hope you have a super date night!
  • ToeTapN
    Options
    I was good all day yesterday, and I'll be good all day today! I just got home from the gym, did 30 mins on the elliptical and 30 mins on the treadmill. According to my heart rate monitor, I burned 500 calories. That's a bit lower than what I usually aim for, but I plan on being well within my calories today so I'm not worried.
    I am thinking that at this rate you won't have any trouble reaching your goals and having a blast on March 1st!
  • toots99
    Options
    I am thinking that at this rate you won't have any trouble reaching your goals and having a blast on March 1st!

Thanks! Though I did cheat and have some Halloween candy...extra work to be done at the gym tomorrow...no big deal. :happy:
  • valw97
    Options
    My goals would be:

1. to drink more water...I don't drink nearly enough!
    2. To keep up with my running...I've been starting to slack lately
    3. I am aiming to lose at least 20 lbs by March 1st. I am going to see some friends I hadn't seen in almost a year and I want to be smokin' hot!

Goooooooooooooo team! :laugh:

Oh, and checking in on Fridays is perfect, that's when I weigh in! Starting weight now is 200.

Sounds like some great goals!
    I'm not a big water fan either so I struggle there too:grumble:
  • valw97
    Options
    My goals:
    1. lose 5 lbs by Jan 1st. Loosing during the holidays is going to be really hard for me since I really like food, especially rich festive food
    2. Practice moderation. Having one cookie does not kill me, but four makes my stomach hurt. I need to train myself to be satisfied with just a little treat instead of a binge.
    3. Keep active. I began running over the summer and have lost 24 lbs (my baby weight) since June. Now I am working on the extra 10 lbs I have carried around since puberty. Running and biking is much harder in the winter with short days and rain, but I still need to find a way to be active!
    4.Cement in healthy eating habits. I want to get pregnant again next year, but I don't want to gain 60 lbs like last time. Hopefully, I can get a bit underweight before I get prego so that the gain is not as big a deal.
    5. Support my new friends!
    A

Awwww! #5 is so sweet.
    Good luck to you :drinker:
    Sounds like you're doing great so far!
  • valw97
    Options
    Ok, I know you said we didn't have to post our SW, but I feel more accountable if I do.

So..... SW-210.5/CW-208.5=-2lbs !! Woohoo!!:bigsmile:
    Super Excited!
  • valw97
    Options

10 miles! That's impressive!!
    Keep up the good work:wink:
  • valw97
    Options

So cool that you decided to and were able to walk home from the restaurant! I love walking outside and will continue to do so until it gets bitter cold here in upstate NY. I walk a lot because I am usually pushing a baby in a stroller. I recommend insoles for sore feet...have you tried them? Mine make a huge difference. BTW...how did you make out at the halloween party?

What type of insoles do you recommend?
  • valw97
    Options

Thanks! Though I did cheat and have some Halloween candy...extra work to be done at the gym tomorrow...no big deal. :happy:

Sweets are my weakness! I'm just trying not to buy it and if I do come across it I'm trying to keep it in moderation.
  • valw97
    Options
    A
    Sounds like a really great exercise/fun activity. Hope you have a great date night.