Setting off on a journey this weekend

Options
MFP buddies, I leave tomorrow for NYC to participate in my first marathon.
It still seems hard for me to believe, this is something that I would have never thought possible for myself.
Since finding this website and a new way of living and eating healthy, I have found myself and discovered a passion for running. At almost 34 years old, I am finally the person that I have always wanted to be. Please wish me luck, I ache and am sore but I will cross the finish line and I don't care how long it takes me. Thank you for all of your support as always.

:flowerforyou: Hugs to you all
Jenny

Replies

• maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    WHOA!!!!! :drinker:
    At almost 34 years old, I am finally the person that I have always wanted to be.

What an amazing, profound statement that is.

Congratulations and good luck Jenny, you are an inspiration and you are going to do WONDERFULLY!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes when you get back!!!! When you get tired, just hear all of us MFP's in the back of your head chanting "You Can Do It, You Can Do It!!!!!!"

:smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all you've accomplished. There's nothing better than being able to be happy about yourself! and good luck this weekend, I'm sure you'll do great!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'll be cheering you on. Good Luck:drinker:
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Have a great time Jenny!

:heart: -Kechie.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    At almost 34 years old, I am finally the person that I have always wanted to be.

That brought a tear to my eye.
    I can't wait until the day I can confidently say that too!!

I hope your marathon is wonderful. :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options

That brought a tear to my eye.
    I can't wait until the day I can confidently say that too!!

I hope your marathon is wonderful. :flowerforyou:

Me too! As I look back on the years, I have soooo many regrets of how I treated myself and how I put limits on me and how things should be done! Very Sad really!! I wish you Jenny the VERY best!!! I envy you on this challenge! To me you have already WON because you have already achieved the goal of just trying !!! Do it with a smile and remember your pals here are cheering you on!!!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

This statement made me cry just a little. I am so proud of you and your accomplishment! There is nothing better than the feeling of working toward a goal and accomplishing it, and being happy with yourself. Best of luck...and enjoy your experience! After all, a first marathon is a once in a lifetime thing. :flowerforyou:

:heart: Shuntae
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    What an exciting accomplishment. Come back & tell us all about it when it's over. We'll be waiting & watching for you!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: