getting back to exercise routine after the flu

Options
I am at maintenance and usually exercise 5 to 6 days a week - but was hit with the flu and now my exercise is going from the bedroom to the kitchen and bathroom. I know I need to take it slow, but wanted anyone's experience in terms of easing back into their fitness routine. Thanks, :glasses:

Replies

• gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mine has been hard. I had H1N1 (confirmed) back in September and although it wasn't bad and only affected me for 3 days, I have been having trouble exercising. My muscles are strong and don't get tired, but I can only do about 5 minutes on the elliptical before I feel like I am having an asthma attack. My doctor said that the H1N1 attacks the lungs differently than other forms of the flu and that it could take several months for me to get back to normal.

**To be clear, I use the elliptical and weights at my house, I do not use a gym.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    You have to go give your bosy rest. I had to take a 1 1/2 weeks off. Only over 1 week and wow I felt the difference when I got back to the gym. If you want to get over the flu thats just what you to have to do. Rest! Plus if you go the gym still sick you can spread it to the people around you and thats not fair.