just a quick hi !

poeticjustice_2001
poeticjustice_2001 Posts: 53
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I am 26, have been overweight most of my life and come from an overweight family. Been doing the "healthy lifestyle" thing on and off since 2007. Lost 70lbs (used to be 305), then gained 25lbs (260)back. Man, this weight loss stuff is hard huh?

Good luck everyone :wink:

286730.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    You can do it girl! :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    I am 26, have been overweight most of my life and come from an overweight family. Been doing the "healthy lifestyle" thing on and off since 2007. Lost 70lbs (used to be 305), then gained 25lbs (260)back. Man, this weight loss stuff is hard huh?

Good luck everyone :wink:

286730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Hi, and welcome! :flowerforyou:
    (Weight loss IS hard, but we just take it one day at a time. We all have good days :happy: and bad days! :sad: )
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As far as exercise goes, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also have Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Hey poetic-
    It's going to happen for you! :D Just keep plugging away at it as best you can...
    I have to keep reminding myself (when I'm annoyed that i haven't lost anything or whatever) that, as cliche as it sounds, gaining the weight didn't happen over night. It's going to take some time. And as long as you're taking steps in the right direction, well, you're doing more than most :)

And Bren....awesome! Thank's for the pointers! :D I'm going to go make a CD now. hehehe
  • Thanks Stephy! You too.. I love your quote.. I really like Ghandi's quote "you must be the change you wish to see in the world".

Hey Bren! This site is the best I've found so far! And yeah, water is my best friend, learned that a while ago. But good point on logging the food ahead of time, I actually started doing that without realizing it so I could use the 5 week weightloss estimator on the site and it does keep you in line better!

Hey Adven! Yeah, when I first started trying to lose weight and was fustrated at the slow progress, someone said to me, "hey, you didn't get fat overnight and it doesn't work in the reverse that way!"

I know I can do this, I did it before. And now I'm starting at 260 instead of 305, so much closer to my goal :bigsmile:

Good ladies with your goals! :flowerforyou:

286730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Thanks Stephy! You too.. I love your quote.. I really like Ghandi's quote "you must be the change you wish to see in the world".

I live by that quote as well. :smile:
This discussion has been closed.