Will my plan work?

Options
2»

Replies

• cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    Look into "Eat to Live" by Dr Furhman. If you eat that way, you are certain to make progress towards not only a healthy weight, but actually being healthy as well. This plan will also remove the necessity to measure, weigh, or count calories, as your body will get back in touch with true hunger, which will naturally guide your eating to the amount of calories actually required.
  • vegamy
    vegamy Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I want to have a net intake of 700 cal/day (if I eat over I just exercise off the excess)

Will this work?

My opinion? No. It doesn't seem like you have much weight to lose. If that's the case, it's harder to lose weight (especially if you are within or near a healthy weight range) and it's not healthy to eat too little, it is not sustainable long term and can lead to binges. Giving it two weeks might not have been enough time for your body to adjust (plus, there's measuring properly, and normal weight fluctuations to take into account). I'm no expert, but I steadily lost weight at a rate of between 0.5-2 lbs/week for almost a year and a half, and I ate back all of my exercise calories. Now, I can maintain eating at least 1800 NET calories, but when I was losing and close to goal, I ate 1500 net.
  • Cherrydropsify
    Options
    Thats very helpful =) Ill get myself a digital weighing scale!