convince me

Options
i need convincing that no matter how tired i am that there is always time for some for of exercise each day, anyone have any motivational speaches they give themselves to work out ritually ?

Replies

• carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I use the following quote:

"If it is important to you, you will find a way, if not, you will find an excuse!"

I'm tired of making excuses so this quote reminds me of what I am trying to achieve. Good luck to you...do it while you are young, don't wait until you are old like me.:smile:
  • Bakerchk
    Bakerchk Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    "Wow, I really regret going to the gym." - Said no one ever!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Move and your heart will follow.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I find that I just decide that I am going....I tell myself that I will: "just do a quick work out" but once I get there I'm in the zone! :)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    If you feel tired now, imagine how much more tired you will feel in 10 or 20 years, if you don't do anything about it.

Exercise generates energy. I know that when I work out regularly, I have more energy for everything else.

Also make sure you get adequate sleep. 6-8 hours a night can do wonders for your metabolism; so don't cut yourself short in order to get that extra exercise. Find somewhere else you can cut a few wasted minutes out.
  • happypath101
    Options
    My son (15) does Martial Arts in the evenings several times a week. I make myself work out when he does. I tell myself if he can do it, so can I. This often means getting into my workout gear at 8, 9, 10 pm!!!! ACK! I'm a Single Mom. I work more than full time. I'm tired. But, I do it. Because it makes me feel better overall. Because it's important to me. Because I don't want to be heavy ever again. Because I'll be proud of myself when I'm done. Because I'll be thanking myself when I can zip up my favourite jeans the next morning.

I know you're at a different place (in parenthood in particular), but I guess what I'm saying, is don't think you have to do it at a particular time or a particular way or even in a particular outfit. Just do it when and how and BECAUSE you can.

On that note, it might help you to contemplate those who can't move. Thank the universe you're not paralyzed or tortured or missing any limbs and then go ahead and use them with gratitude. (I have a lovely parapalaegic in my life. She motivates me!)

:O)
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    "If you want something you’ve never had, you must be willing to do something you’ve never done."

So make time for it if you really want it.
  • Secondgoround
    Options
    Find something you really enjoy doing and it's not a chore but rather a fun activity. I do Zumba and even though it kicks my butt, I love it and feel addicted to it.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Train Insane or Remain the Same

my fav motto
  • stephardy
    Options
    It takes approximately 21 days for something to turn into a habit. Keep pushing yourself to spend even a bit of time exercising and before you know it you'll crave it. I speak from experience...I'm a graduate student who could "never find the time", and now I lace up my running shoes without even thinking about it (and I've only been doing this for 4 weeks).

"Sometimes you just have to pull up your big girl panties and do it whether you want to or not!"

Good luck!
  • megami_girl
    megami_girl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All day you did things for other people and consumed your time in other things. Right now you need to do something for yourself.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If you want it bad enough, you'll find time. I was a total couch potato for years, I can't imagine ever going back to what I was....that's the motivation I have. I sleep 4-5 hours per night and I do some type of exercise every single day, because I'm worth it!
  • historygirldd
    historygirldd Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Today my feet hurt, my ankle hurts and I am exhausted after a very long day at work. I did not want to work out, but I just thought about this old many (at least in his mid 80s I once saw walking on a trail around a lake. He had 2 canes to help him walk and he had a brace on the lower part of one leg. He is my inspiration. If he can walk several miles around that lake, I can get off my tail and work out even when I am tired.

Besides, I have enjoyed the changes I have seen in my body since undertaking this journey of health and I like the compliments from everyone on how much better I look.
  • richcreighton
    Options
    There are no legitimate excuses, just people who are not serious about making a lifestyle change.
  • smileybooliz
    smileybooliz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I agree with Carolemack....do it while you're young!! I remember being 23 and wanting to lose some weight. That was back when I weighed 170 pounds, I WISH I weighed that now!! I made a few token attempts to change things but it never really happened. DO IT NOW!! Time goes by so fast!! My oldest daughter is now your age and it feels like yesterday. I wish I would have figured out all this when I was 23.

If you rest, you rust!!

Best of luck!! You can do this!! :happy:
  • Mellie289
    Mellie289 Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    i need convincing that no matter how tired i am that there is always time for some for of exercise each day, anyone have any motivational speaches they give themselves to work out ritually ?
    To me, this is a tall order. I don't need to make time every day. I need to find time 3-5 days a week. That's enough. My muscles need rest days. If I try to do this, I can fit it in.
  • felcandy
    felcandy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am so bad at exercising, i enrolled in a circuit training boot camp *CLASS* at my college. If I don't go and if I don't put everything I have into it, my GPA will suffer

that's motivation, right there... haha
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    When I first started excercising I would excercise first thing in the morning,before my body was awake enough to argue.When are you excercising? End of the day is tough.Good luck,I hope you find something that works for you.

Sara
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Remember the role model you want to be for your child.
  • auntiemsgr8
    auntiemsgr8 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I have a great nurse manager who made me a sign for my office but sadly I cant remember the exact words right now. I was thinking today of making more so when I read this I did a simple google search and found tons of great sayings.

A couple I like

I'm not losing weight I'm getting rid of it. I have no intentions of finding it again

Don't wish for it. Work for it

losing weight it a mind game. change your mind change your body

In moments of doubt close your eyes and picture yourself a year from now. then get back to work

You can be sire tomorrow or you can be sorry tomorrow. you choose