New to MFP and alcohol is one of my biggest problems

Options
I am new to MFP. I am in my mid 40's and have about 30 pounds to lose. I really started gaining weight about 5 years ago when I started drinking more heavily. Now I believe the drinking has gone right to my mid section (we all know that alcohol is not good for your metabolism). It would seem simple to just stop drinking, but unfortunately I am really hooked and really have anxiety without it. I only drink at night; I am a responsible person during the day and hold down a full time job. I have no desire to drink during the day, only at night. Once I drink, I want food, food and more food. During the day I am sometimes a stress eater. I'm not into desserts but I love carbs and cheese. Anyone out there have similar issues?

Replies

• rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    My stepmother was 'responsible' with her drinking...only at night, kept a job, etc...then one night she took a fall, made a tear in her liver and basically bleed internally all night and died the next morning. I would urge you to look into AA...having a schedule when you need to drink is a big indicator that you have a problem. The best of luck to you.
  • mkenz1
    mkenz1 Posts: 20
    Options
    woohoo! just found this website today! I think it'll help me out with my drinks tonight :)
    "Drunk=good, fat=bad"
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/index.php