medication ?
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Paleo diet
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Paleo diet

I second this! I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my medication has been decreased twice in 7 months since I started Paleo.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Are you taking synthroid?
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    Paleo diet

I second this! I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and my medication has been decreased twice in 7 months since I started Paleo.

Thanks for the support! I was sort of expecting to be crucified. Lol but yes I have hashimotos too. I feel much better after the diet change.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Why does Paleo help this? (not attacking, genuinely curious.) I take Levothyroxine for mine.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    bump, ...........curious too about the paleo helping this
  • islandmonkey
    islandmonkey Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    If you have a specific question, you'll probably get a lot more information.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Sometimes gluten-free helps hashimotos or other autoimmune issues. Which may be one reason people have suggested/are having success with paleo.
  • missy_1975
    missy_1975 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Healthy diet and lots of exercise (resistance and cardio). I find keeping protein high and carbs reasonably low works for me, but everyone is different, you have to see what works for you. Whilst it is often harder for us to lose weight, it is possible, it just happens sloooooooooooowly :sad: