question for the ladies

Options

Replies

• leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    I have similar problems maybe some light popcorn?? thats pretty yummy

sprinkle a little sugar in the bag and shake..its actually pretty good tasting
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding does the trick for me! Can't even tell there isn't sugar :)
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    You can make popcorn in the microwave. 1/4 cup kernels in a brown paper lunch bag for 3 minutes. Then I use a zero calorie buttery spray.
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I don't bother. I have a huge sweet tooth anyway so I always have sugar in my house and I ensure that I keep 150 of my cal for my sugar craving every day. I've just adjusted what I buy...

These are my favorites

Skinny cow candy is 110-120cal depending on which type
    Skinny cow ice cream - really any type, the highest is 150 cal
    Pretty much any frozen yogurt is 110-140 for a serving
    Buy yogurt and popcicle "makers"...just freeze for a yummy treat! I buy the kind with cookie crumbles...one container makes 2 pops
    The sweet rice cakes - chocolate and creme brulee...I buy the snack packs which are about 100 cal/package or you can buy a big bag and count out..i think its around 130 for 18 rice cakes or something like that
    100 calorie snack packs
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It may sound strange, but cantaloupe with salt sprinkled on it is very tasty. As for me, I always crave oranges during my totm :laugh:
  • francesanne7
    Options
    weight watchers has a variety and one of them is sweet/salty. they are really good1
  • newmein2013
    newmein2013 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. It's sweet & salty.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I do avocado pudding. I have said it in lots of different posts but I really have found it has been my life saver.

1/2 avocado
    3 tbsp cocoa
    3-5 tbsp honey
    a small amount of milk substitute or water

I have also used the vanilla powder and made this. It makes a very good vanilla pudding as well but it is green. I found that my sweet tooth was not nearly as bad. I still crave high fat foods but this curbed it and I didn't crave it further. I get the hungries really bad about a week prior and I am in desperate pain. It wasn't nearly so bad this time around.
  • IamL
    IamL Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Dark chocolate. Melt it and use it as a dip for pretzels. You can also dip strawberries or other fruit in it.

Or... Coconut milk ice cream with some peanut butter and strawberries.

Or roasted cocoa almonds. I forget the actual name of them, but they are delicious. Unfortunately for me, I find it very difficult to just eat one serving.

Just a few suggestions. My cravings don't usually have to do with my cycle (it doesn't seem to affect me much at all), but I do crave salty and sweet things sometimes. :D
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I like watermelon or cantaloupe with a little bit of salt so I get my sweet and salty together. Sounds weird but it really is good.
  • wheresheidi
    Options
    For the salty I like pistachios 1.5 oz is 130 calories & for the sweet I like dark chocolate infused with cayenne ( I can only eat 2 squares at a time).
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    carrots and hummus! sweet and salty right there.
  • Jenny_Lou20
    Jenny_Lou20 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I go with

Yoplait Light Yogurt - tons of flavors and very sweet for only 90 calories a serving. You could also crush up a few fat free pretzel sticks in this to add some salty too it and it wouldn't be to many extra calories.

Skinny Cow - has some delicious Ice Creams for only 100 calories, and they have some candy bars that are 110 cals(the peanut butter one tastes like a Nutty Bar, so so ssooooo good!!)

Weight Watcher's also has some good ice creams for 100 calories.

Special K has some really good bars and the crisps - one of the bars is a Chocolate Pretzel one that helps me with my salty/sweet tooth at the same time.

Pretzel Sticks - I found Fat Free ones at Wal-Mart and you get 39 sticks for 100 calories.

Berries are really nice for the sweet tooth too.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Have some dark chocolate- though they say what you are really craving is protein. I find that a really high protein breakfast (more than my norm) during that time helps stave off cravings.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I do avocado pudding. I have said it in lots of different posts but I really have found it has been my life saver.

1/2 avocado
    3 tbsp cocoa
    3-5 tbsp honey
    a small amount of milk substitute or water

I have also used the vanilla powder and made this. It makes a very good vanilla pudding as well but it is green. I found that my sweet tooth was not nearly as bad. I still crave high fat foods but this curbed it and I didn't crave it further. I get the hungries really bad about a week prior and I am in desperate pain. It wasn't nearly so bad this time around.

You are my new best friend
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I keep weight watchers ice cream bars in the freezer down in the cellar (out of sight out of mind)

I also keep small pieces of candy hidden in the back of a cabinet in a really pain in the *kitten* to reach location (hidden so others wont eat them PITA location so I have to really want it to go get it)

I also sometimes will make this-1/2 cup plain fat free chobani, 1/2 tsp min extract and 1 tbsp dark chocolate chips

As for salty I might make some sweet potato fries or pop corn and pour a ton of salt or if I really want it walk to the convenience store and buy Doritoes or pretzels or something ( the small 99 cent bag) I cant keep chips in the house no matter where I put them I will eat them.
  • alchicks
    Options
    Cocoa roasted almonds are pretty good...about 23 almonds per serving at about 150 calories per serving. I eat 1/2 a serving and that satisfies my cravings sometimes. Also, they only have 1 gram of sugar per serving...I bought them while pregnant when I had gestational diabetes to help with chocolate cravings. Good luck!!!!
  • samanthatricia
    samanthatricia Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sweet orange chunks sprinkled with salt are actually really good. Same with tomatoes.
  • AngelsInThighHighs
    AngelsInThighHighs Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Veggie straws are AMAZING!!! They are healthy only 140 calories per serving, about 38 straws they are crunchy and salty and delicious haha. I also LOVE Dove dark chocolate 5 pieces 210 calories sign me up!
  • annanderson77985
    annanderson77985 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    It's a little labor intensive, and I don't know the calorie count.. Make peanut butter cracker sandwiches with Ritz.. then dip them in melted chocolate Almond Bark...